Camera Pitch Problem

Reaction score
I just received my Phantom 2 Vision Plus v 3.0 the other day. I took it out of the box and simply tested all basic functions, i.e., battery, rotors, signal extender, control, and camera pitch with the intent on fully updating and setting it up today when I had some free time. All worked well initially, and I was excited to get up in the air. Today, I decided to connect it to my computer and update the firmware. Upon doing so, I noticed that the camera remains cocked straight down with the lens facing the ground. Sometimes, when I cycle off and on, it will **** straight forward, but will immediately drop to the ground when I attempt to use the controller's shoulder pitch control dial. The Vision app pitch control is totally nonfunctional while the controller dial allows it to move, but it won't stay in place unless I continuously hold--and actually fight the dial--with my finger. Otherwise, as noted, it drops and points to the ground.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This particular unit has never been flown and is fresh out of the box. Thus, any trauma was not flight or crash related. Calibrating the IMU did nothing unless I did something incorrectly. I am admittedly an amateur with this. My v 2.0 was returned to my retailer with a similar--though different--gimbal issue. In that case, however, I logged substantial flight time and chalked it up to some hard landings and such.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ray

Try calibrating the remote controller in the RC Assistant application. Then, open the Phantom Assistant application and calibrate it in the "Basic" --> "RC" section. Make sure you calibrate both the command sticks and X1 stick (the camera tilt wheel).

Mine did something similar until I updated the battery. I was so upset when the problem first showed up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj