Camera on Phantom 3 jitters at higher speeds

Reaction score
My first post and have probably flown around 30 flights. I've noticed that my camera jitters a lot. It seems to be at higher speeds. Otherwise it's nice and smooth. I do also constantly get the "Gimbal overload" messages. It could then of course be that the gimbal is not able to keep up with the movements in the headwind at higher speeds. At first I thought it was due to turbulence, but tonight (see attached video) it was very calm.

The attached video is only uploaded at 1080P and was only a test flight - not meant to show off video quality or my capabilities. The video is also unlisted. The body of water you see as I am approaching my house in the end is the Oslo fjord by the city of Horten (in case anyone is wondering).

Skip to 1:20 to see what it looks like when I go full tilt.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
That's bizarre. About all I can think of is to check the anti drop pins and dampers, make sure they aren't jammed up. Possibly check your props for nicks?

Thanks bbfpv! I found the problem. One of the Vibration Absorber, rubber gaskets had broke. The camera mount on that corner was as such just hanging in the anti-drop pin. I now know to check my drone better prior to my next flights! It is possible it was like that from the factory. I'm not sure though, but can't recall any incidents where it could have broken.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31