Camera off center left-how to adjust?

Reaction score
I never noticed this before until now. My P4 camera when front facing is always off center to the (horizontal) left. Guessing it's off around 5-10 degrees. I tried IMU calibration, center camera option, gimbal auto calibration and it does not change. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved?

Hoping it's a software adjustment and not something that would have to be sent in.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Most are like this. After all is made in China.

There is a new option with GO 3.0.0 for centering camera in gimbal options but not operational as expected with P4 nor documented, for now. With previous Phantom it was possible to physically adjust but not (physically) with P4. As of today only repair return can resolve.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Chatted with DJI Anthony online. His recommendation to resolve was to refresh the firmware on the P4 using DJI Assistant 2. I've updated in past using the DJI GO app. Unless another suggestion pops up, I'll give it a shot later tonight. I'm not optimistic.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Looking off centre means you've had a small bump landing.

That is not true and 90% of the products the western world uses are made in China....I'm still baffled at times at how people can make such statement in these modern times....
Based on how many problems it has and the number of complains, do you want me to praise it?

If you get in touch with him again you might want ask what does the option I have mention. So far no one able to answer this question..

DJI Charlot says it's for centering the camera. All I see it does is move it up or down 90%. Very unimpressed with their online support. Also, refreshing the firmware from DJI Assistant 2 did nothing. I also tried the calibration process from the Assistant software-no change. The camera when it's supposed to be facing straight forward is off several degrees to the left still. They suggest mailing it in for service. I will hold off until at least the autumn leaves have fallen.

I was not referring to the brand or product, but he statement around 'hey, what do you expect! It's made China'

I just found this comment racist and degrading towards an entire nation and culture (and a rather mighty one that is....)

Each one is entitled to his own opinions. In this case I was referring to DJI product(s). Yes, it is a far advanced concept compared to competitors but QC and reliability is low.
Would you like me to sell you a car that drives 75mi/gal and has outodrive capability but the wheels fall off every 100 miles?

DJI Charlot says it's for centering the camera. All I see it does is move it up or down 90%. Very unimpressed with their online support. Also, refreshing the firmware from DJI Assistant 2 did nothing. I also tried the calibration process from the Assistant software-no change. The camera when it's supposed to be facing straight forward is off several degrees to the left still. They suggest mailing it in for service. I will hold off until at least the autumn leaves have fallen.

Confirm up and down is what does today this option with P4. No comment.

Maybe P4 is off center since day one and you didn't notice until now. Many users noticed off center right out of the box. If only a little should be not noticeable while in flight, but not ideal of course.

DJI servicing would probably consist to standard change of gimbal/camera. To monitor what does DJI you might want put some tiny tatoos on the shell, camera and gimbal as evidence of remplacement parts (work recap not necessary explicit).

Hope does help and happy flights !

Last edited:
I have the same identical problem. The camera if my p4 face to the left of about 10 degrees. I tried everything already. But no fix so far. I contacted Dji and they offered to mail it to have it fixed. But for now I use it a lot so I will maybe ship it later. I am quite listed off that there is no easy fix for a problem that seems to be quite common among the p4 users.

W la figa

Reactions: jogforfitness
I noticed the same problem with my brand new P4P right out of the box and I return it back. 2 days later got a new one which was ok!

My p4 didn't have this problem before, after 7 months yawing during shot the legs appears on right side of view.Now like everyone knows send it to Dji.And wait 6 weeks.waiting until November.lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.