Camera now Tilting counter clockwise

Reaction score
I have tried looking through the forums for a similar subject but can not see any so please excuse me if there is.

After my bird took a dive and bounce when under RTH the gimbal started playing up. The place of purchase replaced the gimbal under warranty. Two weeks and many flights after getting it back from repair I checked the video after two flights today and low and behold now the camera tilts of axis a few degrees counter clockwise. This now happens after I either rotate the bird, (I think it is called yaw) or I tilt the camera in the app.

Below is part of the video I took today showing what is happening.

The video would have been quite good if this problems had not started

Any suggestions..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFftwwnOagM

That is the roll axis BTW, not yaw. Yaw is also known as heading if that helps. Roll is also known as cant. My understanding is the camera does interact with the IMU so the suggestion to perform an advanced IMU in the assistant is a good one. And yes be sure it is on a level surface when you do it. Although it is odd that it starts out level, then rolls when you yaw the aircraft. Also be sure FPV is unchecked in the vision app on your device. But it doesn't appear to be that. Let us know.

Thanks, I did an advanced IMU calibration the other day because after the repair about every second flight it comes up with "Compass Calibration required" in the app
even after flights when a compass calibration was done, but will try it again.

With all the problems I have been having, it seems like a replacement is the only option..

There are two totally different types of terminology when talking about video and flying, I think I will stick mostly with the video terminology.

I do not fly with the FPV activated in the app, tried it once on the first flight and did not like it so have flown with it deactivated ever since.

BlackTracer said:
Also be sure FPV is unchecked in the vision app on your device. But it doesn't appear to be that. Let us know.

I'm sure glad I read this post. I didn't realize there was a "FPV" option on the Vision+ (always flew a P2V). I had noticed that the horizon was not level on parts of my videos and wondered why. I just went to check it out and sure enough, the FPV option was checked on my DJI app. It really pays to RTFM and to read the posts on this forum! Thanks!

Ron

I had the exact same problem with mine...however mine tilted and then slowly corrected itself...DJI also suggested to do advanced IMU....didn't work...I was fortunate enough to still be under warrantly and my dealer replaced the camera...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic