Camera not working in DJI Go App.

Reaction score
Hello,

We have recently received a PHANTOM 3 STANDARD as a gift.

We are in the following situation:

1. Physical remote control is talking to the actual drone (verified by moving the camera head using the physical remote control)
2. We installed the DJI Go application on Android phone (we managed to get the camera working, just once)
3. To make things a bit more secure, we changed the WIFI SSID and the WIFI password via the DJI Go application (for clarity purposes: DJI Go > Selected PHANTOM 3 STANDARD > Camera > clicked on the wifi icon > changed the default SSID and WIFI
4. We powered the Android Phone + Remote Control + Drone off and back on.
5. We successfully connected the Android Phone wifi to the Phantom 3 using the NEW SSID and NEW WIFI password
6. We now open DJI Go, select PHANTOM 3 STANDARD, camera - no camera image. And when we click on the wifi icon, the SSID and WIFI password fields are blank. We've tried re-entering the NEW SSID + NEW WIFI password, as well as the old/original SSID and old/original SSID (verified with the details on the back of the remote control).

Note; we've tried the DJI Go application on a Moto G3 and Nexus 5 (all recent enough phones)
Note; we have tried step 4,5,6 numerous times. So definitely no typos (by numerous people too).

As it stands now, the Android Phone connects to the Phantom 3 wifi network using the NEW SSID and NEW WIFI password. However, the DJI Go application fails to do anything (including control it, take photos) with the Phantom 3 (it says disconnected, and the wifi details are all blank inside the DJI Go application).

We've tried resetting the device using GIMBAL LEFT, then flicking S2 up-down several times. No dice. For argument sake, we've also tried GIMBAL RIGHT (suggested on another post).

Pretty **** frustrating.

Help! Many thanks in advance.

Maybe try deleting the network on your device. On android phones it's called "Forget Network". Then do another search on your wifi and try to connect to your remote and P3. It may not work, but you have nothing to lose. The network / settings may have been corrupted.

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

* As per the note, I have attempted the installation on two Android phones. I've also tried forgotten the network and re-adding it on the Moto G3. No luck.

Only other thing I can think of is force stop the dji Go app, then restart the phone and the remote. P3 and try again.

Only other thing I can think of is force stop the dji Go app, then restart the phone and the remote. P3 and try again.

Thanks Solly747400,

We've tried uninstalling DJI Go App and reinstalling it. No dice. Then, turning mobile phone off and on. This is above and beyond the force-stop. Thanks for the suggestion though. As mentioned, I've tried on ANOTHER phone too.

Anything else? We can't be the only people encountering this.

The instructions were pretty average, for example telling us to physically connect our mobile phone to the physical remote control - but there is no cable to do it!

I'm currently ready to break it in half.

You should've got a micro USB cable with your purchase in the box. It's only a short cable but should be there

You should've got a micro USB cable with your purchase in the box. It's only a short cable but should be there

Yes, we got a micro-USB cable but it is: micro-USB to regular USB. The physical remote (and for argument sake the drone as well (there is a micro-USB port on the drone part and also another micro-USB port on the camera)) is only micro-USB. This means the supplied white micro-USB cable does NOT allow you to connect a micro-USB Android phone to the physical remote.

Another frustrating aspect of this setup process.

Thanks for your continued help. Many thanks for anyone's help going forward.

Thanks Solly! This is a good lead, thank you.

My father in law set this up. He's not 100% if he initiated a firmware update. Is there a way to find out?

My DJI Go app is ver 3.11 and works fine. Even when disconnected you can still see the version you're on by going into menu > General Settings> About

I have updated my firmware from when I bought it and haven't had any issues, but mine could be different.

Maybe search on here about your version and possibly downgrading.

The other thing you might want to try (although it might cost you a few bucks) is try the litchi app on the play store, but that is a paid app so not sure if you're willing to buy it. If it helps, I've bought it and that's all I use because it does so many more things than the DJI go app.

I haven't needed to downgrade because I haven't had issues, so it'd be nice if someone jumps in here that's had experience with this procedure

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4