Camera Mount Broken...Please Check your cameras!

Reaction score
So I had a bit of a hard landing last night, my first oh **** moment with the phantom. Everything looked fine on the phantom not even a small scratch or scuff. Replaced one prop and kept on flying no issues. When I got home I started to really inspect the phantom I noticed there was a small gap between the left side of the camera and the bracket. Took it apart and sure enough the small hallow plastic piece on that side had broken off the bracket. :eek: If you have had a crash even if there was no damage elsewhere please check your cameras.

Then I remembered this thread ... I bet he didn't notice the cracked plastic piece and kept flying which lead to the one tiny screw holding the camera in to slowly back off and fall out.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4419&p=31234&hilit=camera+fell+off

Did some searching for replacement parts and the only thing I found that included that bracket with the servo was the entire camera! at that price id rather get a new gimbal lol
http://www.centuryheli.com/products/pro ... ageid=1000

I will try contacting Dji to see if i can just buy the bracket/servo part if not gimbal here I come lol

Attachments

• IMG_4603.JPG
    IMG_4603.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_4604.JPG
    IMG_4604.JPG
    268.4 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_4605.JPG
    IMG_4605.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 625
Just took apart that bracket with the servo. Looks like I only need the plastic bracket piece. I initially thought it may be a part of the servo but it isn't.

Attachments

• IMG_4606.JPG
    IMG_4606.JPG
    448.8 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_4607.JPG
    IMG_4607.JPG
    447.2 KB · Views: 644
Hi arinvideo

I've just had the same problem with my camera. The servo works fine, its just the "dummy" bracket on the other side which has snapped. Did you manage to source a replacement?

Thanks,

ben.

Mine did the same last crash I had(doh)

Good to know I can get a replacement unit for the camera mount till I can get a aftermarket gimbal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues