Camera modes on P3S - what's working for you?

Reaction score
Hi there - just getting to grips with the different camera modes. I'm pretty up on cameras from my job but trying but to figure out how that all applies to a quadcopter.

Was worrying about FPS so tried 720p50 but that seems a bit too pixelly so gone back to 1080p30.

Also find the standard mode quite zingy and aliased so I'm trying 'soft' mode.
Anyone done a direct comparison?

Not that much control vs the P3A/P but just trying to find the best compromise

Is more pixels better than higher FPS?

Thanks

Dave

Not sure why you're not filming in 2.7k considering it's the same 30 FPS we get with 1080p.
30 FPS is fine unless you're moving too fast or shooting as fast moving subject.
The camera on the Standard is better than any current GoPro and people have been turning out professional looking footage for ages with those. As with anything photography related nowadays it's what you do to it in post.
A lot of guys shoot with all the settings as low as possible (Saturation, Contract and Sharpness) and just add them all back in post. e.g.. setting the sharpness to -2 to hide the compression defects then adding sharpness in post so the compression is still hidden.
Here's a quick comparison I did to the Inspire and just bear in mind that the Inspire is 5x times the price.

Reactions: 24pfilms
Well that's a good point. When I started I was seeing some aliasing so stepped down to HD but I have since figured out that was a rendering issue in FCPX so I will go back and try the 2.7K mode again now. Cheers. Dave

Not sure why you're not filming in 2.7k considering it's the same 30 FPS we get with 1080p.
30 FPS is fine unless you're moving too fast or shooting as fast moving subject.
The camera on the Standard is better than any current GoPro and people have been turning out professional looking footage for ages with those. As with anything photography related nowadays it's what you do to it in post.
A lot of guys shoot with all the settings as low as possible (Saturation, Contract and Sharpness) and just add them all back in post. e.g.. setting the sharpness to -2 to hide the compression defects then adding sharpness in post so the compression is still hidden.
Here's a quick comparison I did to the Inspire and just bear in mind that the Inspire is 5x times the price.

Great comparison thanks for shooting this...I am sold.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4