Camera lens focal length

Reaction score
Was I dreaming when I read I could adjust the focal length of the lens on my P2 V+? Need to get that wide angle to look more like a normal lens image. Is it gonna come down to photoshop to straighten out those arcs? Not gonna be easy when the whole image is bowed.

You were dreaming.
You can change the FOV (field of view) but that only trims the edges off the original image to show the centre (and gives a smaller file)
i-ptbzJ5N-L.jpg

Photoshop has a lens profile for the FC200 that will straighten things perfectly with one click.
Presto no more unwanted curves
747-8-L.jpg

Meta4, I looked at your website again, interested by the photo above. Quite a complex being built, great perspective. Wow, you really have some great examples of your work there at your website. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks, Meta4. I'll get right on it. I see you're getting very impressive results with your efforts.
Nice shot.

You were dreaming.
You can change the FOV (field of view) but that only trims the edges off the original image to show the centre (and gives a smaller file)
i-ptbzJ5N-L.jpg

Photoshop has a lens profile for the FC200 that will straighten things perfectly with one click.
Presto no more unwanted curves
747-8-L.jpg

I've been using the PS lens profile for my Vision + and while it does a pretty good job of straightening the image out, the edges get so soft and distorted that I have to crop the image substantially to have anything usable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31