Camera lens cap fix

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else find the camera's lense cover dangeroysly hard to put on and remove. Is it meant to be tossed after shipment?
I fixed this issue by cutting 4 slots in the sides so it can expand and easilly be slipped on and off.

Is it just me or does anyone else find the camera's lense cover dangeroysly hard to put on and remove. Is it meant to be tossed after shipment?
I fixed this issue by cutting 4 slots in the sides so it can expand and easilly be slipped on and off.
Could you post a pic? Thanks

It's a very close fit, seems to loosen up after a few days of removing and putting back on.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I use this lens cap on all of my Phantom 3s. It's soft, flexible, and very easy to put on and take off.

As long as you don't push it all the way in it's not too difficult to remove. You do have to have a fairly firm grip on the camera though.

As long as you don't push it all the way in it's not too difficult to remove. You do have to have a fairly firm grip on the camera though.
Could you post a pic? Thanks
Here's what you do: Place the cap upside down on a flat surface . Using a sharp knife or scissors (cap cuts quite easy) cut the side of the cap at 12,3,6, and 9 o'click. Make the cuts go all the way down to but not throug the front of the cap. That's it. Takes 15 seconds. The cover will slip on and off like butter but stays in place nicely. I'm surprised DJI did not think of this. Let me know how you make out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20