Camera keeps cutting off

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Good morning.
When I was taking video at the weekend on my iPad Air using p3a the iPad beeped and the video kept stopping. Tried taking photos but it was the same. I had one really good poi video then it started the problem. The micro card has loads of space and iPad has plenty.

I was near the sea.
Any ideas.
Thank you.

You say that the sad card has plenty of space, but when was the last time you reformatted it in the bird using the go app? The directory structure is tricky and if you have been deleting files with the card in you computer for a while, you may not have properly reset some of the pointers in the directory. Files may show gone and used memory may show that you have plenty, but the phantom would look at the pointers and think that there was no room on the card and shut off the camera action. If nothing else obvious like a crash has happened, I would suspect the above is your problem. Try reformatting the card in the go app and see how things work. If that doesn't help, then you start looking for possible mechanical or FW problems.

Reactions: Thebigman
Thanks very much. I haven't used the go app to format and I just delete files off pc will try and report back. Thank you. Ps no crashes at all. Touch wood.

Hi formatted the disc and seems fine so far thank you. I noticed it saves video as .mov would I be better using MP4 setting as I use windows to edit. Just wondered what was smaller file.
Thank you.

I've had this happen many times. Video stops recording after 15 seconds or so. Also, starting and stopping of video and photo are greatly delayed. I'm pretty sure it's the SD card. What I can't say if for sue what will solve the problem. It might need a format, it might need to be a faster card, it might be a defective card or it might just be that brand/type of card.

If you are having this same issue and based on what I mentioned above, I can only suggest that you format the card as mentioned in prior post and try different cards.

Hi formatted the disc and seems fine so far thank you. I noticed it saves video as .mov would I be better using MP4 setting as I use windows to edit. Just wondered what was smaller file.
Thank you.
I use an old mac to write files to external hard drive then play it on my nice TV I use the MP4 as the tv is windows ..
Works perfect for me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers