Camera Isn't Straight - Gimbal Tilted -- SOLVED!

Reaction score
After running some of the updates a few days ago, I noticed that my camera isn't sitting level anymore. I've scoured the internet and found that other people have had a similar issue, but can't seem to find anyone that's figured out a solution.

I saw in one video that there's a "Gimbal Control Switch" but have no idea where to locate it on the controller. I also saw that the Gimbal Control Switch was turned "ON" in the Assistant software but, again, there's no settings to adjust the tilt on it.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Side note: I've attached a photo of how the camera sits while the drone is completely off.

Attachments

• IMG_20140903_230549_619.jpg
    IMG_20140903_230549_619.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 748
Re: Camera Isn't Straight - Gimbal Tilted

there's a thread floating around regarding this, or at least something similar to this.

I know it involves taking apart the camera and re-balancing it. From the youtube tutorial i watched, there's a balance shaft that needs to be turned to "straight enough."

I'm sure someone will chime in with the link.

Calibrate Radio Controller with RC assistant. Then shut down RC assistant, leave controller on and plug P2 into computer run Phantom Assistant software. Calibrate RC with P2 including all controllers and switches. Finally, run a FULL IMU calibration with P2 on a very level surface. Reboot P2 and see if that fixes it.

If it does. Don't forget to do the compass calibration in the field prior to flight.

Here is another video along the same lines as Mako79's fix. If in warranty you might want to get an RMA.
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Gimbal repair: http://youtu.be/5iTz3Dd2Ecs

Wow, thanks for all the quick responses, guys!

Damon -- That was the method I had tried originally and it wasn't working for me.
Mako79 & easydubsit -- I ended up taking off the cover and got it fixed. Looks good as new.

Thanks again for all the help.

Happy Flying

:D :D :D

Make sure you do the "branded" locktite 290 as suggested in the youtube vid. This will stop it from reoffending.
And good that you addressed it immediately as it can lead to the dance and loosen. The result will be a snapped ribbon mid flight as the camera falls of the magnetically held gimbal arm.

Level surface advanced imu calibration. You will get temp to high warning. Just disregard it. , it's a bug.
My camera sits like that also , they all do with power off.
When I turn my + on sometimes the camera is a little out of level. But as it "warms up " it straightens out.
How out of level is it ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie