Camera is not horizontal

Reaction score
My phantom is only a coupla weeks old and yesterday after shooting a few videos, the horizontal element of the gimbal suddenly no longer leveled the camera horizontally so the camera is off-kilter and the videos are now tilted about 25 degrees. (Edited to add: The gimbal horizontal motor is functioning, it just maintains the camera at a constant tilt instead of perfectly horizontal as it did before.
Anybody else have this malfinction? Is it possible to recalibrate the gimbal? Is there any way to troubleshoot or service it myself?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Dave Fisher

Where did you purchase from? I purchased mine from BH Photo in New York and had the same issue with camera. They exchanged it no questions ask. All that I sent was an email explaining the issue along with a video of the camera showing the issue.

Mine was a little bit like that, but some days ago DJI released a firmware update that corrected it. Plug your phantom to the computer software a play a little bit with the updates, maybe it will work.

Awilson18 said:
Where did you purchase from? I purchased mine from BH Photo in New York and had the same issue with camera. They exchanged it no questions ask. All that I sent was an email explaining the issue along with a video of the camera showing the issue.

I, too, p-urchased from BandH Photo in NYC. Thanks for the reply!

naturarquista said:
Mine was a little bit like that, but some days ago DJI released a firmware update that corrected it. Plug your phantom to the computer software a play a little bit with the updates, maybe it will work.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have my fingers crossed. Sending the unit back is not really an option for me as I am now in Mexico :(

I would send it back , sorry but that's your best option before warrany runs out. Did you cras it ?

4wd said:
You will likely find it has rotated on that shaft.
It would be nice to know how this can happen with some of them - apparently without any incident causing it.

thanks 4wd. i spent the day adjusting the shaft of the gimbal and after many tweaks it is better- not perfect but better.
i am going to film some sunset video this evening and will see how it turns out. may have to tweak it some more. will see...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl