Camera Going Black

Reaction score
Alright, I've had a pleasant go with the PV until today. Video stopped transmitting twice today and completely froze up until I power down and restart the Vision. Last image transmitted freezes on the phone. I tried restarting the app and the wifi extender, but I just get a black screen on the video. All the other data is still transmitting but I don't get video back unless I restart the PV itself.

The app itself is not locking up. Just the video feed. It required me to restart the PV camera both times.

Did you install the firmware from Jan 20th? Mine went black with the firmware, but didn't recover, but
I sent Phantom back the next day also for a replacement. Firmware on the camera did it to mine.ay be different for you however.

Hmmmm, so far, DJI isn't helping with the firmware solution to fix other than lkely having to send it back to replace or repair. Your not alone, but doesn't help things either. Some are sending back to dealer for help if not to late for getting help.

I too noticed the odd blank image and had to land and power off the camera in order to get it working.. I had the latest firmware, but not sure if it was related to a crash that I had which bent/broke the connector cable on the camera which I had replaced. After replacing the cable I had camera again but no satellite/battery/distance displays, it just showed "N/A" and after a few weeks of very few emails back and forth from DJI who wanted screen shots? (not sure why when I explained this) but after that I had enough. Since I had purchased my unit through Amazon and it was still within the return period, I returned/replaced with a new one. What a wonderful experience I had with Amazon. They even shipped the new one with 1 day shipping for free and then reimbursed my return shipping once they received the original. IMHO the problem was within the camera as the camera has the wifi antenna but DJI would not give me a firm answer on this. I had even gone as far as purchasing new GPS and Compass as well as the complete cable package but before I got too carried away, knew that replacing the cables should be all that was necessary. Considering the $$ you are spending on a Vision, it should not be as difficult as it is to get some serious tech support.. very sad.

It's only happened twice and I was in close range (under 50 ft) both times. All firmwares are the latest. If it keeps it up, and doesn't appear to be firmware related, I may exchange it. I did buy through Amazon.

I'm not convinced this is a hardware issue. I'm going to keep flying and see if it continues to happen. This is my third aircraft and the first two did not have this issue. But the first two also did not have the newly released firmware on the camera.

COtto1984 said:
I'm not convinced this is a hardware issue. I'm going to keep flying and see if it continues to happen. This is my third aircraft and the first two did not have this issue. But the first two also did not have the newly released firmware on the camera.

Mine froze up yesterday after I did a 3 photo burst .everytime I would try to take picture or switch to video the app would say camera time out or something like that maybe it was camera busy .But last photos was locked on screen and I had to land and restart. Has worked fine since so we will see

I had to rebind my wifi and camera with the app. I was getting no video or flight data, then I lost the camera all together off the app. All is good now....

Oh I forgot to mention , during the binding process you have to scan the QR code on the camera. Mine read invalid code, you will have to get ahold of customer support at that time. I knew of no way to hack to get the MAC address from the camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl