Camera/gimble

Reaction score
IMG_2047.JPG
IMG_2046.JPG
I just bought this drone and I'm getting ready to replace the ribbon cable. I've notice that the camera slides off of the yaw motor. Is this fixable or do I need to replace the yaw motor as well?

Fixable.
Night temp red permetex inside the shaft, adjust and let it heal. Then on the opposite side, when you have it 100% centered. Put one drop of super glue on top of the shaft and let it dry.

Fixable.
Night temp red permetex inside the shaft, adjust and let it heal. Then on the opposite side, when you have it 100% centered. Put one drop of super glue on top of the shaft and let it dry.
Thanks, I thought about putting permatex on it, I just wasn't sure if there was a certain way it should be aligned in the hole. Any pointers on centering it? This is my first drone so I'm still familiarizing myself with it. Thanks for your help.

Put a drop of permatex on the shaft and rotate the case into it slowly, then squeeze it down and align as close to perfect as possible. Wait a hit for permatex to bond to the metal shaft and put it together leaving the back plate (on the roll motor) off and install on the bird. Turn on and see how it is with gimbal balanced at 0 in the app.
Adjust if you need to and when in perfect position drop that glue on top of the roll case where you see the shaft in the center.
Now if you need to make minor adjustments for the roll do it in the app.

Put a drop of permatex on the shaft and rotate the case into it slowly, then squeeze it down and align as close to perfect as possible. Wait a hit for permatex to bond to the metal shaft and put it together leaving the back plate (on the roll motor) off and install on the bird. Turn on and see how it is with gimbal balanced at 0 in the app.
Adjust if you need to and when in perfect position drop that glue on top of the roll case where you see the shaft in the center.
Now if you need to make minor adjustments for the roll do it in the app.

Alright, I'll give that a shot. My new cable should be here tomorrow so I'll update this post with results and possibly more questions as needed! Thanks again.

I put the permatex on the motor and installed the new cable today, seems as if I received a junk cable as I went the eBay route. The camera functions and you can see live video, but the gimble dances around wildly and won't stop. I've taken it back apart a couple times and made sure all connections were right and nothing changed. It also displays a " Gimble motor overloaded " error. I can see in a few places on the cable I bought that it has literally split in two. I ordered a new OEM cable so I'll see how that will work. Hopefully it'll fix my issue...

I put the permatex on the motor and installed the new cable today, seems as if I received a junk cable as I went the eBay route. The camera functions and you can see live video, but the gimble dances around wildly and won't stop. I've taken it back apart a couple times and made sure all connections were right and nothing changed. It also displays a " Gimble motor overloaded " error. I can see in a few places on the cable I bought that it has literally split in two. I ordered a new OEM cable so I'll see how that will work. Hopefully it'll fix my issue...
cable is suppose to be split, it's by design that way.
if your camera is shaking crazy around then there is a chance you have a crack on your potentiometer either on roll or pitch sensor board.
can you post a video of what gimbal does when you turn it on?

Well, I checked the resistance on the potentiometers and they turned out to be fine. I did end up figuring it out though. When I put the loctite on the motor shaft, I didn't have it in the correct position. I took a pair of pliars and was able to break it free again and played around with spinning the shaft until it started acting normal again. I wasn't sure if the correct position it needed to be originally but I have a better idea now! Seems that all is well at this point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20