Camera Gimbal tilts when vision 2+ is moving left or right

Reaction score
I have a strange problem going on with the gimbal. So recently, I had to open the back of the gimbal to adjust the tilt of the camera because the horizon was tilted on all of my videos and pictures.

After fixing the tilt, my camera is level, however the camera is having a slow reaction to level itself when the helicopter moves left or right. For example if I am testing the gimbal and holding the copter with my hands, and I tilt my copter to the right, the camera tilts to the right too. It seems like the gimbal doesn't know what the level spot is anymore.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Just updated all of my firmware through the Phantom Vision app.

Thank you,

Mario

These forums are the best thing ever. Burlbark's post (or one like it in another thread) about the FPV switch causing this behavior saved me from calling DPI (probably getting nowhere) and possibly sending my drone in for warranty repair for who knows how long. I researched the issue I was having with the gimbal on my bird for 2 days before stumbling on a post similar to this one elsewhere in this forum. Besides the IMU calibration that was needed, this is what solved my issue. I haven't seen any mention of the FPV switch in the app being related to any odd gimbal behavior anywhere else on the web. Again, the people here are great!!!

Reactions: Josh Curtiss

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj