Camera Gimbal Repair

Reaction score
So this happened.
Gimbal 1.JPG

When I get the new part in does anyone know how that ring goes on? It looks like it had glue applied and then pressed on, hard to tell. Anyone had to do this repair yet?

Also the camera housing got banged up a little.
Ginbal 2.JPG

Anyone know where I can get just the housing or if the camera can even be taken out of the housing to change it?

All help is appreciated. Thanks!

This looks like a pretty hard crash. I would power up the bird on and see what happens. See if you get any error messages before you begin the whole process of fixing the cam. If your main board is fried, any connectors are damaged, or capacitors are loose, it is not going to be worth fixing the cam.

Here are some things to keep in mind. Did the body get damaged as well as the camera? If both the body and camera were damaged, sometimes it's cheaper and more dependable to sell the parts and buy a refurbed setup for $359.

Check yaw arm to make sure it didnt bend, that could be another $20
Check ribbon cable to see if it has been nicked, cut or severed, that could be another $30
Check all gimbal motors for freedom of movement. If any one of them binds at all, they will overheat and seize up and possibly fry your gimbal board or the motor circuit board which can each be expensive.
The cam case alone will prob cost you $10 or more if you can find one. I usually leave them alone if they arent exposing any internal components in the cam.

Good luck. Keep your focus on your goal of #1 getting it flying, #2 getting the cam working, #3 getting them to work together again.

The drone fly's no problem. The ribbon cable did tear and that is ordered. The motors are all free, The camera housing is fine, I'd just like to replace it for looks. If I was to buy a refurb for $359 I'd just buy a whole new drone for $399. I mainly concerned with how the ring is installed back on the motor once I get it delivered.

After a crash, mine popped out of the ring. There were no cracks in my ring. A member here advised me to clean up any residue from the original cement (unsure what was used), press the disk into the ring, and place a few drops of super glue around the perimeter. Worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4