Camera Gimbal Lock and Cover

Reaction score
Not sure how long these have been out. I located a YouTube video review of it and bought one for myself. It's a simply and easy locking device for the camera and also covers the lens. It replaces the two piece stock DJI items. I like this much better as its easy to install all in one motion. I think it's a little on the expensive side at $20 + $4 shipping but its made with a 3D printer when ordered so that is a little more expensive.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BswkqCJxloU[/youtube]

So I've used the Phantom with this cover about 10 times now and I must say... its a _MUST HAVE_ device. Taking off and putting on the stock pieces is not that big of a deal but using this cover is just a dream. I added a round stick on piece of thick felt (the kind for the bottom of chair legs) to the lens part of the cover. It comes right up to the lens and offers a little more protection against dust.

I highly recommend this cover.

Which one did you both purchase?

fastsmiles said:
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I'm ordering mine today. :D

I think you will be very happy with it. Removing and attaching the stock protector is not that big if a deal but it's really nice to be able to slide this one on and off in one motion and not have to worry about two, small, clear parts.

You may want to consider getting the round stick on felt pads used for chair legs and stick one on the area next to the lens. I find that there is then only about 1mm space between the lens and the felt. Might help protect it a little better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl