Camera gets hot

Reaction score
I just got my P3S in the mail and during the time I powered it up to the end of setup , my camera got hot....not where I couldn't touch it but hotter than I think would be normal...is this normal?

I just got my P3S in the mail and during the time I powered it up to the end of setup , my camera got hot....not where I couldn't touch it but hotter than I think would be normal...is this normal?
yes. it's meant to fly, not sit idle. hopefully you removed the gimbal clamp while it was sitting there.

mine did get hot when my phantom was on my desk during set up as well but if you feel the camera after you fly, it wont be hot.

no problem, the propellers/ wind keep it nice and cool during flight so you got nothing to worry about.

Yeh it will get hot. Once u start flying it cool down. My GoPro 4 gets even hotter than my p3s camera lol.

Nothings worse than buying an expensive toy then realizing it's broken before you even use it yet. THANK THE HEAVENS. IT'D MAKE ME MADDER DAN DA DICKENS

that actually happened to me but luckily i was able to exchange it at the store the same day and get a free battery so it turned out ok... i was losing connection every few seconds and it turned out my controller's wifi panel was not on completely. now im getting over 1.2 kilometers on the stock set up so i cant complain. although i might be upgrading to the advanced so i can get more distance lol

If you have to work on it inside without the motors running, use a small electric fan on it-- the camera and gimbal mount will stay cool

Reactions: Ricky J.
Great, thanks. Another question. I don't have any filters so I have to use a higher shutter speed to compensate for the brightness...my videos are very choppy and not fluent at all...do you have any setting preferences that work well?

Great, thanks. Another question. I don't have any filters so I have to use a higher shutter speed to compensate for the brightness...my videos are very choppy and not fluent at all...do you have any setting preferences that work well?
Get some filters, if the sun is out you will need one.

You should definitly get some ND filters to be able to set the shutter speed very close to twice the frame rate value.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.