Camera focus problem SOLVED!

Reaction score
I used to have a P3S and the photos from it we're tack sharp (for a small sensor camera). I then upgraded to a P3A and was very disappointed with the soft, out of focus photos it produced. Everything I read said that the camera's focus was factory set and not adjustable. I wasn't okay with that... So a couple YouTube videos and some drone sugery later, I am happy to say that you CAN adjust the focus of the camera lens... If you are willing to take the time and patience to do so. The focus is VERY sensitive when you adjust it. I ended up making tick-marks around the lens so I could tell where it was rotated to while making test images. Once I got it set and put everything back together, I couldn't be happier with the images it is producing now.
afdf368f2d5ff54979a901a0674852bd.jpg
81f20bb09343fa67577d155555c8b878.jpg
05b47df203c603607c00d922445c7a2e.jpg

Reactions: twenty4pack
I used to have a P3S and the photos from it we're tack sharp (for a small sensor camera). I then upgraded to a P3A and was very disappointed with the soft, out of focus photos it produced. Everything I read said that the camera's focus was factory set and not adjustable. I wasn't okay with that... So a couple YouTube videos and some drone sugery later, I am happy to say that you CAN adjust the focus of the camera lens... If you are willing to take the time and patience to do so. The focus is VERY sensitive when you adjust it. I ended up making tick-marks around the lens so I could tell where it was rotated to while making test images. Once I got it set and put everything back together, I couldn't be happier with the images it is producing now.

It seems that a few people have had success doing this over the last year or so. Here is a recent interesting thread on the same topic / procedure.
Camera/lens optimization service??

I think that if someone got good at doing this adjustment, they would find people willing to pay for the service.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I did the same thing and the focus was drastically improved. Originally, I had only a small portion of the right side in focus. Now, most of the image is very sharp, however, I still have about 1/3 of the right side out of focus. I can't seem to move the sensor far enough to bring the center of focus in line with the center of the sensor. Any tips?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj