Camera flipping right and left after crash

Reaction score

Need help! I crashed my P3 into the wall during an indoor Easter drama (It's easier than you think). It broke all my propellers and when I flew it again it is making a grinding noise and the camera is pointed to the right then it will flip and point to the left. It seems to record OK. Is this gimbal toast or is there something anyone can recommend to fix it? Please see video for what it is doing. Thank you!!!

Need help! I crashed my P3 into the wall during an indoor Easter drama (It's easier than you think). It broke all my propellers and when I flew it again it is making a grinding noise and the camera is pointed to the right then it will flip and point to the left. It seems to record OK. Is this gimbal toast or is there something anyone can recommend to fix it? Please see video for what it is doing. Thank you!!!
First off have you tried an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration?

This is a good video for gimbal disassembly:
It is possible that one of the gimbal arms slipped on the motor shaft. But disassembly should be a last resort.

That's a pitty. What happened?
Maybe a sensors got stuck by the impact. Did you check the sensor readings?

Thank you @ryantrax and @rene. I did an imu and gimbal calibration. Everything appears ok. I cannot post iPhone pics from this app for some reason. However, the only thing I can see that is wrong is that one screw is missing from the gimbal motor. The sensor readings appear ok as well. There has to be something that keeps the camera centered and keeps it from going so far to the right and left.

You could end up with a neck injury watching that video.....

The missing screw? Grub screw from the gimble arm by any chance? The arm being off on the shaft can do that.

Reactions: ryantrax
You could end up with a neck injury watching that video.....

The missing screw? Grub screw from the gimble arm by any chance? The arm being off on the shaft can do that.
My thoughts exactly.

HELP,, My Phantom 3 S is doing something similar,..but only intermittently. Out of the box the camera was centered straight ahead , between the landing struts. Now, when it powers up, it comes to a stop either full right, or full left. This means the landing strut n the pic/vid. Things I have tried:
IMU calibration
Gimbal Auto calibration,
Adjusting the grub screw,
"Cussing",..

Ideas, please.

Try calibrating the Remote sticks, especially the one you use for yaw.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460208057.778088.jpg

Here is the missing screw pic. The plate is solidly in place. Would one screw cause a problem.? Thanks guys

One of those screws is not the problem look at the top of the arm there's a small Allen key grub screw it's probably loose align it back to the D shape the flat side of the D and lock it back

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj