Camera Error: Can't take pictures, can see video

Reaction score
I'm having an odd problem that I haven't seen anyone else describe.

- all firmware is up to date, including DJI app on the iPod Touch that I'm using.

- Phantom boots fine, Camera boots to solid green light

- iPod Touch pairs with extender network just fine

- DJI app connects to camera, camera's light blinks green 0.2 s/on, 1.8 s/off as expected

- FPV video is fine, gimbal control works

- Can take pictures with the manual shutter control on camera

- Can see photo roll from iPod Touch

- Cannot take pictures from the DJI app. Video doesn't work either. Attempting to do so pops up an ERROR! dialog as the shutter animation is happening and no picture is taken.

Everything else, though, seems to work flawlessly.

I suspect a bad connection inside the camera housing, maybe, as there was a period where I couldn't get to the Camera Settings (it was disabled), but that went away when I unplugged/replugged the camera.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

thank you,
b.bum

Did you unplug and replug it back in while the unit was still turned on? This can fry the camera. When inserting the plug into the back of the camera the unit must be powered off, if not you can damage the camera and it would have to be sent back to dji

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Did you unplug and replug it back in while the unit was still turned on? This can fry the camera. When inserting the plug into the back of the camera the unit must be powered off, if not you can damage the camera and it would have to be sent back to dji

Ouch. That could be it.

Seems surprising that everything is working but the shutter button on the DJI app on the iPhone.

thanks,
b.bum

Are the pictures that you take manually writing to the card? There's a picture on these boards somewhere of a fried camera wire on the board, presumably from disconnecting/reconnecting when powered. Easy enough to pop the top and check out the board just so you know, but an error when trying to trigger recording seems like it could be a card issue as well. Good luck.

Sounds like it might be your Micro SD Card....do you have a spare?
Ensure you format the card with the FC200 Camera, and not your PC.

Got it working. Twice. The second time because I was a moron and decided to use the Phatom to trim a tree which did not end well.

The first problem came down to deleting and re-installing the DJI application. I don't know why that worked. It shouldn't have worked. But it did.

Maybe the app really wants to "call home" every now and then? The iPod Touch I use for FPV only recognizes the DJI network and, thus, the app cannot login to tDJI's servers ever. Re-installation requires connecting to the internet to login at least once. BTW: Does anyone else find it a bit disturbing that the app doesn't work unless you create an account?!

The second problem is indicative of a pervasive problem that is related to my propensity to explore solid objects by feel. It appears that I have a loose solder joint on the data jack. When I get a moment, I'll open up the FC200 camera and inspect the joints under a macro lens prior to reflowing the connections.

So, no, was not a blown camera. And, yes, the SD card was fine (though it fell out of the camera in my tree adventure. That was fun to find.).

All is working well again. Time to practice flying in an open field.

b.bum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31