camera disconnect

Reaction score
My P2V is losing camera - gray screen stuck on last image - after saying "phantom connection broken" - i cant get this to go away until full restart / landing - whats weird is the stats are still updating during this time ie altitude , distance etc... and all of this is close range

second, i calabrated my compass but it still doesnt really hold its position, kinda drifts around its position - any suggestions?

I have never updated anything since i received it three wks ago... but the DJI App on the iphone was updated... makes me think something changed....

tebowner said:
I have never updated anything since i received it three wks ago... but the DJI App on the iphone was updated... makes me think something changed....

I have the same issue since updating the app
when I do lose camera connection it does not reconnect even if I bring it back to within 10 ft
I tried shutting the app and reopening nothing works
I see last photo when lost and data all works but cant get picture back till I land shut down battery and restart :evil:
should have left well enough along, I will not do any further updates to my craft ever.
she runs like a champ and no issues would like to keep it that way. Wish I could get the old app back

I've had this same problem since I got my phantom and through the last 4 versions if the app. The problem may be with the firmware of the camera itself as well as the app.

Chaps

I had this yesterday and got a fix for now. In the app (assuming its iphone) go settings and camera view, change the resolution down to lowest ( for the viewfinder - actual footage remains) to 15fps and 320 x

This worked instantly for me, and worked over 500ft away too.

however word or warning, and would be good to know if you have the same, noticed change of response in hover when it should stay still it seems to wander about, like its looking for something...

Found it quite hard to land it when this happened as response was different - V3 update i think

Let me know if this helps

Matt

so you are saying in flight to lower the resolution and you get the screen back? I am pretty sure its only the app because I only have my vision for a couple weeks or so and never had an issue until app update. I also never updated the firmware and all was great

I again recalibrated and still get the slight hovering around. I doubt that is the app :) not sure whats up

Same thing happened to me. I went back to the. Previous version of the app 1.0.32 and now works flawlessly!! Latest version is giving many of us the same issues ie blank and freezing screens, it is the app for sure. See "Up dated DJI APP" post. Revert back to a previous App version until DJI comes out with a fix for the bug.

Ranger003 said:
Same thing happened to me. I went back to the. Previous version of the app 1.0.32 and now works flawlessly!! Latest version is giving many of us the same issues ie blank and freezing screens, it is the app for sure. See "Up dated DJI APP" post. Revert back to a previous App version until DJI comes out with a fix for the bug.

how do I get the old app back on iphone

does anyone know how to get the previous version of the DJI app BEFORE this latest version crippled the FPV.??? i am not an iPhone person so not sure how to delete and reinstall an older version ... also what is the older version from this current version 1.0.37 ?

tebowner said:
does anyone know how to get the previous version of the DJI app BEFORE this latest version crippled the FPV.??? i am not an iPhone person so not sure how to delete and reinstall an older version ... also what is the older version from this current version 1.0.37 ?

in in the same boat I can delete app but no old one to load

same issues here today,,,updated V3 the other day, went out this a.m.,,happened in 3 different flying locations,,,,intermit views, cutting out....etc,,,,very rediculous because i knew before i updated the app on 4/6/14 that something like this would happen....i did two things,,1. I lowered the preview resolution,,,and 2. i re-binded the extender in the newest dji app...seemed to correct the issue,,,,but i havent yet tested at a distance,,,will again try tomorrow and see what happens,,,,also...... flight performance post V3 update is fine,,,no gps position hold issues,,,i did recalibrate the compass prior to flight,,,,if this is a DJI app issue,,,i hope they fix it soon and stop releasing updates with glitches,,,its bad enough they have flipped us vision buyers the finger with a vision plus release with no backfit option for the vision.....

jwuman said:
same issues here today,,,updated V3 the other day, went out this a.m.,,happened in 3 different flying locations,,,,intermit views, cutting out....etc,,,,very rediculous because i knew before i updated the app on 4/6/14 that something like this would happen....i did two things,,1. I lowered the preview resolution,,,and 2. i re-binded the extender in the newest dji app...seemed to correct the issue,,,,but i havent yet tested at a distance,,,will again try tomorrow and see what happens,,,,also...... flight performance post V3 update is fine,,,no gps position hold issues,,,i did recalibrate the compass prior to flight,,,,if this is a DJI app issue,,,i hope they fix it soon and stop releasing updates with glitches,,,its bad enough they have flipped us vision buyers the finger with a vision plus release with no backfit option for the vision.....

I was flying today and the same thing happened to me. I'm going to try the recommended fixes tomorrow. Thanks guys!!!

Same issues..... Locked up camera view screen while all other data is tracking. I did then also get a calibrate compass message once I had landed the bird.

Just got the problem after many flights. I reinstalled the IOS app and flew six flights without problem.

Waynet2 said:
Just got the problem after many flights. I reinstalled the IOS app and flew six flights without problem.

Did the IOS app have an update or did you delete it and reinstall?

same issues today,,,re-installed the app,,,same deal,,,freezes up,,,intermittent video,,,,this is ******** DJI.....bet if i bought a plus the app would work just fine,,,,aye?......i am using a droid (LG spectrum) that has, up till this new app release, worked just great,,,,does anyone know how to install the previous app version or where to find it????.......i know we have been spoiled by the technology and yada yada yada,,,,but this is rediculous DJI.....guess i will join the choir and enter the problem to the DJI web site.....WTF?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj