Camera dead after first startup

Reaction score
So I haven't messed with my Phantom 3 Pro in about 2 years. I wanted to see what someone was doing to my pond so I charged everything up. Went to open the app and it wouldn't open, guess there was an issue or something with it while I was out. Anyway, I downloaded a new djigo app and started everything up. Was having issues with the drone not wanting to come online for flight, but was getting video feed. Messed around and did calibrations and then noticed the video was in black and white and was a still shot. Now when I power up the camera does its thing and points forward for about 10 seconds and dies, no video, nothing.

Not sure if this matters as I can't remember if it did it before, but when the Phantom is connected to Wi-Fi it says no internet connection.

Then what is this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-153356_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220317-153356_Settings.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 105
Then what is this?
Welcome to the forum.

P3P and P3A do not use WiFi.
Perhaps you don’t have a P3P?
Maybe you have a P3-4K, P3S or P3SE?
What is the model number of your RC?

Welcome to the forum.

P3P and P3A do not use WiFi.
Perhaps you don’t have a P3P?
The sticker on the front of the drone says Phantom 4K, so it must be the P3-4K. The DJIGO app doesn't have that variant, so I had always used Phantom 3 Pro.

The sticker on the front of the drone says Phantom 4K, so it must be the P3-4K. The DJIGO app doesn't have that variant, so I had always used Phantom 3 Pro.
So then you have a GL358wB model RC? If so, then yes you have a P3-4K. That kit does use WiFi, and that message you asked about is normal.

Your RC’s WiFi (radio) signal is not an internet connection, so your mobile device is simply telling you that it has no internet access through that particular network. It’s routine and is what you should expect to see.

So, here is what I found out. If I take the SD card out and start the drone up the camera works as advertised. If I then insert the card it just says initializing. If i put the card in and start up the drone the camera never comes online and drops after about 10 seconds of its self check. So is it a bad SD card or is it the piece the card goes into?

So, here is what I found out. If I take the SD card out and start the drone up the camera works as advertised. If I then insert the card it just says initializing. If i put the card in and start up the drone the camera never comes online and drops after about 10 seconds of its self check. So is it a bad SD card or is it the piece the card goes into?
Try different sd card to eliminate bad card,,any bad heat anywhere with the ribbon cables on gimble,,most phantoms dont like to sit un used ,dont know why,,2 years I'm suprised the battery is awake or has it been alive in that time frame,is device your using ok ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try different sd card to eliminate bad card,,any bad heat anywhere with the ribbon cables on gimble,,most phantoms dont like to sit un used ,dont know why,,2 years I'm suprised the battery is awake or has it been alive in that time frame,is device your using ok ?
Bought a new card and works like a champ. Weird how the card affects the video, thought it didn't need a card for the camera to work, just take pics and video. Then again, I don't really play around with this like you guys do. One would think sitting around wouldn't do much, but pretty much anything mechanical/electric seems to not like to sit. I used to work on F-16's and the longer they sat the more issues we had with systems not wanting to work. I want to say I discharged the batteries when I put everything in storage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic