Camera control

Isn

Reaction score
Hey all

I have read the manual and watched the videos. but can't figure out how to control the camera. I may be totally missing the part on that.

Can anyone help?

thanks

What exactly are you trying to control?

Are we able to control the direction the camera shoots. For example if the drone is stationary and I want to move the camera up or down. Or does the whole drone have to move?

On the Standard the thumbwheel on the left front of the remote controls up and down. DJI GO can also do it but the thumbwheel is easiest.

okay thanks guys. i can't take it out for the first flight yet cuz of the weather. Turning the thumbwheel right now doesnt do anything, so it must be in the air I am guessing?

Should work on the ground, does the camera gyrate around at startup? is the gimbal lock (and any Styrofoam) removed?

No, camera should move up/down anytime the drone is powered on. There are also settings to control how fast the camera moves and how high up it can go. You can limit the camera up position so it doesn't catch the props spinning in your photos/videos or you can allow the camera to get the edge of the props in the picture.

Try calibrating your remote controller -- like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey all. So I ended up relinking the remote and it seems to be working now

Cool

Also, weather being bad, how about downloading and reading the manual (if not done yet) ? ;)

When I use this wheel for manual mode how do I get it to go back to auto mode while in flight.

When I use this wheel for manual mode how do I get it to go back to auto mode while in flight.
The wheel just controls the pitch up or down of the camera ( how much horizon you'll see) the gimbal will still auto correct for the drone movement.

I am new at this and I ve only flown my P3 5 times. The first couple of flights it seems like the camera would adjust up and down on its own depending on my altitude. Then I figured out the thumb wheel and how to pitch up and down but I noticed it would stay fixed unless I used the thumb wheel. It caught my attention when I was landing and as it was about to touch down I glanced at my phone and saw the camera pointing straight down to the ground which is the last place I aimed it a few minutes earlier.
So my question is how to return to the auto correct mode while in flight or should it do it automatically.

I don't think it will without your input or being restarted. Obviously restarting it won't help you. You are just going to have to set it the way you want or go into settings...

I could be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31