Camera cocked 2-4 degrees off level

Reaction score
Hi guys. You guys have helped this novice Pv2+ user through some issues and NOW I have a new one that I SEE all over the net - but NOBODY offers a solution. I wrote DJI, but they must be mute...

ANYWAY...my drone was flying kind of squirrely last Thursday so I recalibrated it using the P2v+ assistant software and it recalibrated the compass/gyro whatever...and NOW the drone flys well again...but NOW the camera is cocked out of level by about 3-4 degrees...maybe a bit more. I have read to recalibrate and I've done that a ton of times to no avail. ANY way to RESET the drone to the factory reset? Anyway to ROLL BACK to another firmware? ANY SOLUTION to this issue?

SOMEBODY has to know...please help.

appnet said:
Hi guys. You guys have helped this novice Pv2+ user through some issues and NOW I have a new one that I SEE all over the net - but NOBODY offers a solution. I wrote DJI, but they must be mute...

ANYWAY...my drone was flying kind of squirrely last Thursday so I recalibrated it using the P2v+ assistant software and it recalibrated the compass/gyro whatever...and NOW the drone flys well again...but NOW the camera is cocked out of level by about 3-4 degrees...maybe a bit more. I have read to recalibrate and I've done that a ton of times to no avail. ANY way to RESET the drone to the factory reset? Anyway to ROLL BACK to another firmware? ANY SOLUTION to this issue?

SOMEBODY has to know...please help.
Like this good luck dji is no help in paypal refund process with mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 553
hi there I'm in exactly the same boat. out of the blue one day i noticed the camera just doesn't align level. if i manually tilt and roll the phantom and let the gimbal go to its limits, then go limp, then set the quad down, it usually will go level, then can easily go off level again. I'm stumped....any hep is appreciated. regards

As of yesterday morning I have received the same error with my camera being cocked off a couple degrees. I have scoured the forums endlessly searching to the abyss to see if someone else has had this issue and could only find this one. Is there a thread or post to a fix for this that I'm not seeing? This is overly concerning. I'll be watching this thread like a hawk in hopes that someone can follow up with a solution to the cocked camera problem.

The only thing that has reportedly sometimes worked is doing full IMU calibration on a *perfectly* level surface.
Perhaps repeating it several times.
More sophisticated software like Adobe Premier can quite easily correct a small tilt.
Or just avoid filming horizons or vertical things :p

I have also had this problem with mine. I landed a little hard and ended up getting some parts replaced, and she will fly but the camera is also at a 2-4 degree tilt. I will try the calibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31