Camera Angled.

Reaction score
Ok so I have a P3 advanced, and my camera is tilted it is seems like the whole drone is tilted to the right during pictures. Any way to orient this? Thanks

Try to go through all the calibrations again (IMU, gimbal and RC). If not successful, you can manually adjust gimbal roll under the gimbal parameters screen. For example, mine is adjusted -1 degree.

Ok thanks. I'll give that a try tomorrow when I'm messing with it. Also my controller won't update tried putting the update on the sub and inserting it and tried direct connection with it. Won't update on either way.

I have a similar issue with my new P3A ...

The camera is rotated slightly to the port side (left), and the entire gimbal seems to be a few degrees off on its vertical axis. I have done ware upgrades to most recent versions, and all calibrations ... no change.

Any ideas how to fix that? TIA

Last edited:
Thanks Jorge ... unfortunately the problem is with gimbal's yaw position. The roll and pitch can be adjusted but they are okay on my unit, Cannot find a soft way to adjust the yaw. I guess I have to mess with the tiny screw on the gimbal mounting bracket and try to reposition it. Any better ideas ... ???

I haven't heard of that happening before. How are you measuring this? Could you post some photos?

If nothing else, the pictures can also be sent to DJI for a warranty claim.

I haven't heard of that happening before. How are you measuring this?
Could you post some photos?

You can notice the (mis)alignment of camera lens with the edge of gimbal platform when you look at the drone from above. Also, this is evident and annoying in the videos taken by the drone ... the view is not framed dead center as demonstrated by the propeller guards that are not centered in the frame when captured in the video frame.

Again, all calibrations were performed again before the pictures below were taken. The gimbal only was recalibrated between pictures as well ... at least the error is consistent. The gimbal's pitch and roll settings are perfect, the yaw setting is the only problem.

It is not a huge issue, just a few degrees off, but still ... :( ... right out of the box. See the pictures below ... click on each to see the entire picture (sorry, had no idea how it works on this forum).

[file]The gimbal yaw error|none[/file]

[file]The gimbal yaw error detail 1|none[/file]

[file]The gimbal yaw error detail 2|none[/file]

[file]The gimbal yaw error ... video frame 1|none[/file]

[file]The gimbal yaw error ... video frame 2|none[/file]

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasPilot71
You can notice the (mis)alignment of camera lens with the edge of gimbal platform when you look at the drone from above. Also, this is evident and annoying in the videos taken by the drone ... the view is not framed dead center as demonstrated by the propeller guards that are not centered in the frame when captured in the video frame.

Again, all calibrations were performed again before the pictures below were taken. The gimbal only was recalibrated between pictures as well ... at least the error is consistent. The gimbal's pitch and roll settings are perfect, the yaw setting is the only problem.

It is not a huge issue, just a few degrees off, but still ... :( ... right out of the box. See the pictures below ... click on each to see the entire picture (sorry, had no idea how it works on this forum).

JUST TO CONCLUDE ... there is no soft adjustment I could find to correct the yaw error. I went the hard way. I got some precision tools, and made one using plastic key card, and fixed the yaw error by rotating the arm on the yaw shaft to the extend possible. Well, almost, the lens is still a tiny little bit off to port but less than 1 degree. I can live with that.

I used a flexible piece of plastic sheet, like a hotel key card, the credit card was too thick and too stiff. I cut the squarish notch in the plastic, the width was just enough to fit the yaw shaft's notch/flat area. The plastic is used to keep the shaft from moving while you try to rotate the arm to correct the error by fastening it in a bit off position, and screwing the retaining screw at the same time.

I am pretty sure there is another way but it would involve recalibrating or replacing the servo that controls the yaw movement ... a trip back to the factory most likely. Was tempted to send the drone back, but you never know if the next one will be defect free. Other than the yaw issue, one I have seems to be working well.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.