Camera angle wheel/dial controversy??

Reaction score
OK I'm getting several different answers to this issue/question/symptom??? I bought the new upgraded V3 Transmitter for the P2V+. I thought everything was working the way it should with the function of the camera angle wheel/dial. I even had a Brilliant DJI Tech guy tell me that it was operating the way it should. Then I chatted with a buddy from Canada who just upgraded his & I was explaining my complaint with the new TX. He tells me that his operates EXACTLY the way I want mine to operate!!! So now it's a freaking Controversial!!!!

My dial does the following when in use...I have to keep my finger on the dial to position the camera in the direction I want. The center static position of the camera when I let the wheel/knob go is in an approximate 35 degree angle? Now if I move the wheel up fast-then it will respond fast. If I turn the wheel slow-then it will respond slowly. BUT IF I LET THE WHEEL GO IT GOES TO THAT 35 DEGREE POSITION, unless I put some pressure on the wheel & move it back to where it would be sitting with the old TX????

Now Canada tells me that his camera will go the the old P2V+ TX resting angle when his wheel/knob has no pressure on it, (so pointing straight forward I guess...) And when he points it to a new position say 42 degree-then let go of the wheel-the camera stays in the 42 degree pos? That goes for any new position of camera angle he puts it in. So could some of you guys tell me what your "KNOB" is doing????!!!??? What that sounds weird!!! LOL Can you guys tell me what your wheel does??? I'm confused. I am really trying to get all my stuff dialed in perfect for a Colorado trip I am going on strickly for my Drone!

Thanks...

Moose

Make sure new transmitter is checked in assistant , then you have to calibrate the wheel. The camera will stay where I move to. Center of the dial is camera looking straight. There's a couple of threads on how to calibrate and some YouTube videos on how it works.

Mori55 said:
Make sure new transmitter is checked in assistant , then you have to calibrate the wheel. The camera will stay where I move to. Center of the dial is camera looking straight. There's a couple of threads on how to calibrate and some YouTube videos on how it works.

Yeah I've done that....no difference.....but I haven't seen those Youtube video's....
Thanks!

ANYONE ELSE HAVE A SUGGESTION ON HOW I CAN FIX THIS ISSUE??

THANKS,

MOOSE

Any reason for shouting?
Did you calibrate in RC Assistant?

I also recently purchased the upgraded transmitter for my P2V+ and had the same issue - camera always goes back to ~45 deg when the spring loaded wheel is centered.

This problem is likely due to your ZEN IMU being at version 1.0.0.4
You need to update it to ZEN IMU 1.0.0.6

If you use the latest Assistant Software V3.8, it might not recognize that there is a ZEN IMU 1.0.0.6 update.
If that happens you'll have to uninstall Assistant Software V3.8 and go back and install V3.6. Now when manually requesting a ZEN IMU update it should indicate 1.0.0.6 as available.
Both V 3.6 & 3.8 are on the DJI website.
Hope this helps!
-Terry

Got internet etiquette? No need for the increased font size.

This will fix it. Credit goes to MoparBob.

1. Uninstall the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version without telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.
2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. It’s simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.
3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.
4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.
5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.
6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.
7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.
8. Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.
9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant, disconnect the PC from the Phantom.
10. Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

You need to follow every step, even if it looks stupid.

dptcalvin said:
Got internet etiquette? No need for the increased font size.

This will fix it. Credit goes to MoparBob.

1. Uninstall the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version without telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.
2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. It’s simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.
3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.
4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.
5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.
6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.
7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.
8. Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.
9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant, disconnect the PC from the Phantom.
10. Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

You need to follow every step, even if it looks stupid.

I really appreciate help-its very much appreciated. I don't care for your need to feel that you need to call me out on "Got internet etiquette? No need for the increased font size" I'm be around a long time & have a medical reason for the increased size font! And It's not an "etiquette" ISSUE.I'm a retired Texas Ranger who had a shotgun blast through a PC window causing me eye trauma..so I have to increase my text size..so before you feel the need to give me crap-maybe bite your lip and think why....

Thanks,
Moose

I figured you'd have a reason. and I figured that before I posted my comment. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer through it. You can very easily magnify it on your end without any effect on us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31