Camera angle in Flight log?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to locate my camera angles from flights that I conducted last year, i have the flight logs, but am not very up to speed with how to read them. I have managed to extract the UAV height, but I am struggling to find the camera angle - does anyone know where I can find this information?

Thanks in advance :)
Sophie

In the converted verbose .csv file ( Sample Below ). It is not in the standard converted .csv file as I recall. You will either need to upload your log to the link below for conversion, or use the off line converter tool. File Upload is here: Log Viewer
In the converted .csv they are here:

Gimbal.PNG

In the converted verbose .csv file ( Sample Below ). It is not in the standard converted .csv file as I recall. You will either need to upload your log to the link below for conversion, or use the off line converter tool. File Upload is here: Log Viewer
In the converted .csv they are here:

View attachment 108104
Thanks - so the GIMBAL.yaw column will display the correct angle of the camera?

I dont seem to have a GIMBAL column at all - I have - Gryo x,y,z, ATTI x,y,z, magYAW.

But they are the only columns resembling angles...? Any ideas?

Thanks for the help anyhow!

I dont seem to have a GIMBAL column at all
Which logs are you looking at? The device logs or the aircraft .dat? The angles shown above are from the device .txt file converted to verbose .csv as I stated above? This sounds like you are looking at a .dat file.

Which logs are you looking at? The device logs or the aircraft .dat? The angles shown above are from the device .txt file converted to verbose .csv as I stated above? This sounds like you are looking at a .dat file.

Sorry, I had only just realised the link above...but like you mention, i cannot add .DAT files there...i will try downloading DATCON tomorrow, and see if that will work.

Yes, a .DAT file. Do you know if there is a way, using the .DAT file that i can retrieve the camera angle data?
The data were collected last year, by another pilot (but i need to process it for my PhD research) So i do not have the device logs (I didn't realise there were two separate files!!)

Thanks!

Yes, a .DAT file. Do you know if there is a way, using the .DAT file that i can retrieve the camera angle data?
As best I recall, the gimbal angles are not in the aircraft .dat file.

Just got P3A. How do you look at
.text files? I found them on my phone but they won't open. I'm using windows 10 laptop with chrome browser. Will that make a difference?

I found them on my phone but they won't open.
If you are referring to your flight log .txt files, they are encrypted and must be converted. You can upload the file to here and see the data. ( Instructions are on the link )

Log Viewer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31