Camera and sun quality

Reaction score
Well as you will see in this video despite all settings tried this camera just doesnt like full sun.
Late day or cloudy weather will give you your best shots.
Full sun looks like it turns the sharpness up to very hard even when set to normal.

The full sun shots were shot with settings at 100 iso , sunny, -3 and -7 still very bright and sharp :(

http://youtu.be/eMpeyB97U74

Yeah. The camera sucks. Definitely not state of the art. I'd pay another $500-$1000 on the next version if they give us a camera suited to the current state of quality available.

I don't know of any video camera that's going to provide perfect video at all times, especially in the high sun conditions in summertime afternoons. Movie studios spend months painstakingly editing frame after frame of video to fix colors, light, and shadows.

It's easy to suggest always shooting with the sun behind you, but that's not always possible and even then whites (like on the boat) reflect a lot of the light back. I'm trying to get better with editing and correcting video. On many occasions I end up splitting the video clip into many sections to try and correct the color or white balance within that section of a continuous shot. It's tedious and time consuming, but in the end I think its worth it. IMHO, color and balance correcting video is hard, at least with the cheap tools that I'm using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4