camera and gimbal alternative????

Reaction score
having read the horror stories of damaged ribbon cables and gimbals falling apart etc etc, I was wondering what off the shelf parts are required to swap out with the stock parts to give the same functionality and FPV using a gopro?? the new go pro 4 specs seem fantastic if the reality matches the guestimates. so that would mean control of tilt and video and still capture, maybe not settings. is it even possible???

or am I waiting to upgrade to a 'phantom 3 vision plus carbon titanium bullet proof xyz' or whatever it will be?

Connection from different gimbal/camera to the quad, app control.

Someone is working on a kit, I think last I read it was a month away.

I believe that you could retrofit a gimbal and GoPro to a Vision or Vision+ and then control the camera functions with the GoPro app or even a GoPro remote if the Hero3+ black is being used. You would have limited range FPV with about a one second lag in my experience. The OSD would not be functional but you can still do a lot of flying and video/photo without OSD. I wouldn't think it would be much different to retrofitting an FC40, for example. A $10 timer attached to the transmitter gives a good clue as to remaining battery time.
Adding the 7th channel for tilt control is not extremely difficult.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl