Camera alignment issues

Reaction score
First, I'm very new to the drones, this Phantom Standard, being my first about a week ago was my first flight.

I had an incident with the drone, imagine that, and I lost site of it visually (camera to cell phone view is notchy with short periods of frozen screen) and the drone came into contact with a wall. Fell down still running and was upside down in the grass. When I picked it up the motors immediately started to run and I simply turned the battery off while I held the screaming baby in one hand.

When I turned the drone back on the camera sounded like a pin ball machine. it was ticking and ticking so I turned it off and then straighten the camera by hand and that noise went away.

Now with the first flight since the incident, when I fly it the camera starts to point at the landing gear strut and then will all of a sudden spin to the right and then at will spin back to the left looking at the strut once again.

How can the camera be calibrated?

Doesn't sound like a calibration issue, but you can try that via the app.

Welcome to the Forum!

Lots of questions will come, from many. ;)

A picture does take out a lot of talk a couple of those would be great.

#1 Question since you new, not that this will fix it, you have found the calibrate gimbal in DJI-Go?

Rod

Welcome to the Forum!

Lots of questions will come, from many. ;)

A picture does take out a lot of talk a couple of those would be great.

#1 Question since you new, not that this will fix it, you have found the calibrate gimbal in DJI-Go?

Rod

No, don't know how to calibrate the gimbal. However... I did look down this page and it gives reference threads on similar subjects and I watched a YT Video.. Got me thinking.. So I turned the drone upside down and noticed that the vertical motor on the gimbal (y axis) has a machined flat and it did not align with the set screw so I took a small screw driver and turned the shaft to align the set screw to the flat.. Then I noticed that the set screw was very loose.. Tightened it into the flat area and then powered up the drone.

Alas, it was centered again... Some thought was I'm at fault for my wall encounter but at the same time the screw was so loose it was only a matter of time until it would no longer be aligned.

Attachments

• IMG_2883.jpg
    IMG_2883.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 243
Seen those scratch marks before, I need hit the bed, search for grub screw.

Also, browse around on @msingers help sight.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I'm surprised nobody else has chimed in yet.

Common guys. :rolleyes:

Rod

Seems to work ok now. Set screw is tight and the camera doesn't make anymore weird noise and the camera also is stable when flying.

Nope.. Mine didn't come with a manual covering ****... Have had to read the internet to learn how to even control the thing past up/dwn rt/lft...

The controller switches etc...

Where do I find this info?

Thanks

There really isn't a manual for the app. I was going to look on my pad, but I forgot DJI-GO crashes connected or not.

You have downloaded the Phantom 3 standard manual, doesn't come in the box, it is a QR code on the quick setup sheet and on the side of the box?

Rod

On Post #5
The link I posted, has some tips on Gimbal and IMU calibration. Under How To's

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik