Camera advise needed

Reaction score
So I crashed my P2V+ with minimal damage and am waiting for parts to get back to flying. The camera on the unit performs pretty good so far and after the crash, I have found nothing that is damaged on the gimbal or camera. Unfortunately I am having to change my shell and wanted advise on camera setups. What are your thoughts on changing out the gimbal to a a Zemuse and adding a hero 4. Waste of $ or not? I'm not a professional photographer but would like the convince of having a small camera I can take with me after I fly. Any thoughts?

Get some more air time and try not to crash for a while. Then consider a better rig.

If you do however kill the camera and gimbal and dont want to shell out 800 bucks for a permanent vision plus camera, you can run a hybrid vision plus and zenmuse and go pro combo like i am. Its cheaper and more versatile.

the only problem with putting zenmuse and gopro on P2V+ is you will need quick release to keep using the DJI app with both which all in all is not a cheap investment.
on the other hand if you ever want to do serious FPV down the road you want FPV on 5,8Ghz and control of the bird on 2.4Ghz and P2V+ is the other way around so it will
be a complete transformation unless you will go with a 2.4Ghz FPV with a Vision+.

hunch said:
the only problem with putting zenmuse and gopro on P2V+ is you will need quick release to keep using the DJI app with both which all in all is not a cheap investment.
on the other hand if you ever want to do serious FPV down the road you want FPV on 5,8Ghz and control of the bird on 2.4Ghz and P2V+ is the other way around so it will
be a complete transformation unless you will go with a 2.4Ghz FPV with a Vision+.

Not really.. I sold my vision plus camera. Bought the H33D. Don't need the expensive quick release. Just a $10 Part 3 15cm zenmuse cable from the P2 non vision. Its a plug and play mod - just need to redirect the wires.

I recommend the QuickRelease. It is expensive, but its also great to be able to swap out cameras on the fly. If you don't have a need for that, then I find Mako79's post above to be really intriguing. (Mako, any chance you could link to a parts list and instructions? - and confirm that your able to use the app for FPV and the gimbal tilt wheel on the new remote)

I'm not a fan of the Vision+ stock camera, especially compared to a GoPro 4 Black. Color and low light performance on the stock camera is disappointing.

I also did the Zenmuse H3-3D and Hero4 upgrade from my Vision+
I am not using the Quickrelease, instead I just did the mod myself. I am enjoying the increase in video quality, especially night filming. The low light performance of the Hero 4 is fantastic! And I still get full FPV and telemetry in the DJI Vision app.

So, if I read everything correctly I can buy a GoPro 4 and a H3-3D Gimble, install the Gimble on my Vision + and with the connector from the Gopro I will be able to FPV like I am now?

erikgraham said:
I recommend the QuickRelease. It is expensive, but its also great to be able to swap out cameras on the fly. If you don't have a need for that, then I find Mako79's post above to be really intriguing. (Mako, any chance you could link to a parts list and instructions? - and confirm that your able to use the app for FPV and the gimbal tilt wheel on the new remote)

I'm not a fan of the Vision+ stock camera, especially compared to a GoPro 4 Black. Color and low light performance on the stock camera is disappointing.

Credits due here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 15&page=11

I have it working on the upgrade mode on the old transmitter, therefore it should work no different with the tilt dial on the new transmitter. The FPV works fine and whats best is that you can leave the OSD on the gopro and see if you are recording or not.

Txfirecop said:
So, if I read everything correctly I can buy a GoPro 4 and a H3-3D Gimble, install the Gimble on my Vision + and with the connector from the Gopro I will be able to FPV like I am now?

Don't need a connector for the gopro. Just need to reroute 1 cable and plug the (separately purchased) zenmuse 15cm cable into the gimbal and main board (or to interference board). Its a clean non-soldering install. And FPV will work no differently except you may get rolling lines from slight interference. This wont show on your recording.

I will be modding another soon so pics to come.

Mako79 said:
Txfirecop said:

Don't need a connector for the gopro. Just need to reroute 1 cable and plug the (separately purchased) zenmuse 15cm cable into the gimbal and main board (or to interference board). Its a clean non-soldering install. And FPV will work no differently except you may get rolling lines from slight interference. This wont show on your recording.

I will be modding another soon so pics to come.

Regarding the rolling lines, I seem to recall that can be fixed by NOT providing power to the GoPro. It hasn't bothered me enough to fix, but I think I remember that a little bit of tape slipped over the correct pins in the USB to block the power leads does the trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.