Camera advice

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently rebuilt a phantom 2 vision plus that I received and now im having camera/gimbal problems...the drone Flys great by itself doing the internal rewire mod to fly without the camera/gimbal...I put a new flex cable in the gimbal and plugged it all In and started to see smoke from the gimbal area...guessing something is fried inside the gimbal/camera area...is there a cheap fix to replacing camera/gimbal? Going to a go pro? Im wanting the fpv and to record video...any help? I can fly the drone by itself no problem, but would like video :) thanks in advance

Hi all, I recently rebuilt a phantom 2 vision plus that I received and now im having camera/gimbal problems...the drone Flys great by itself doing the internal rewire mod to fly without the camera/gimbal...I put a new flex cable in the gimbal and plugged it all In and started to see smoke from the gimbal area...guessing something is fried inside the gimbal/camera area...is there a cheap fix to replacing camera/gimbal? Going to a go pro? Im wanting the fpv and to record video...any help? I can fly the drone by itself no problem, but would like video :) thanks in advance

I have a similar problem. Hoping you were able to solve your issue. I crashed my phantom 3. After trying to turn it on the flex cable started to smoke near the top of the gimble. I replaced the flex cable, turned it on again and then it got fried again. Any luck or idea on how to fix?

I can recommend two camera/gimbal repair facilities. Used them both, and both great- $100 to replace flex, and the other was a complete overhaul/replace motors/flex for $160.
PM me for details.
John

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj