Cambodia's Angkor Temples footage enhanced with aerial shots

Reaction score
Hi All,
This is my first post here, but I just wanted to share footage from Angkor area in Cambodia. I use my Nikon DSLR and a Phantom 2 with GoPro Hero 4 silver.
Theoretically you need some permit to fly above Angkor Wat - the main temple - but I learned it after the fact!

Anyway, here's the video. Please enjoy, share, comment..

Tomek

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPr3cbm7Ngg[/youtube]

Re: Cambodia's Angkor Temples footage enhanced with aerial s

A very interesting travel video...I enjoyed seeing it, thanks for sharing.

You mixed your aerial and your DSLR shots well. I like that as it makes it a more complete video as opposed to constant flying. Great place and great shooting

Thank you @Khudson7, @pilsburypie, @cokeaddict !

@pilsburypie - yes, I use the drone when necessary, but some (most) shots are better suited for traditional camera. Also, details mixed with wide shots create better picture overall and the clip is less likely to be boring IMO.
The downside is obviously that you have to carry move stuff with you and think more about what and when to shoot.

cheers,
Tomek

Super, ziom!

Great job. It looked like you cut it close on that one flyover. I'm following on YouTube..

knuckles said:
Great job. It looked like you cut it close on that one flyover. I'm following on YouTube..

I did indeed. I don't have FPV here (didn't want to take too much gear as I'm backpacking) and it's difficult to judge the distance sometimes. I crashed against the branches today for that reason.
Anyway, in this case I looked at the drone at an angle so it was under control. Really liked this dramatic effect!

I keep uploading new videos as we travel. They'are all on this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPr3cbm ... VOPKcK_RZc

cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4