Calling all camera gurus..

Reaction score
So this morning i had a great idea of getting up for the 1st time to try and film some video at the golden hour..

Unfortunately it was 35mph winds and the phantom was at a 45 degree angle lol, i managed to get a quick few snaps but want some peoples advice / opinions on these edits and what or how to improve in terms of camera settings, tips etc please... Im trying to really step up my game this year..

So this was shot with no ND filter, in D-Cinelike, at 1/40 so lightroom tells me...

here is the original.. followed by my lightroom edit. Thanks

Daz

dddd.jpg
DJI_0843-1-2.jpg

Last edited:
Dazz ! thats a great shot........bringing out that old anchor in it.....really adds quite a bit of fore ground value and makes it a great framed picture...You did great ! three cheers for Dazz ! ! !

Yes i flew yesterday as the winds outside the house wasn't too bad.....but at my new flying field on the river bottoms that i drove to yesterday..... well the wind their it was blowing terribly LOL yep my drone was at 45 degs too..But hey i loved ever minute of the flights !

Reactions: Dazzauk
Dazz ! thats a great shot........bringing out that old anchor in it.....really adds quite a bit of fore ground value and makes it a great framed picture...You did great ! three cheers for Dazz ! ! !

Yes i flew yesterday as the winds outside the house wasn't too bad.....but at my new flying field on the river bottoms that i drove to yesterday..... well the wind their it was blowing terribly LOL yep my drone was at 45 degs too..But hey i loved ever minute of the flights !

Thanks for the kind words buddy, :)

The drones do make me laugh when they try there best to stay level,. but the wind is sometimes just to strong lol

I'm pleased with the shot in terms of angle etc i just wish it was a little crisper, sometimes i wonder if i expect too much from the phantom 4 standard camera lol, i was hoping being golden hour that i may get the best picture i have ever taken so far, lol

Low light is tough filming. I noticed a few colored specks. One is off the anchor in the cloud. Did you try to eliminate noise? Stacking pictures to produce one good one helps with low light shots. Nice place and Good eye.

Low light is tough filming. I noticed a few colored specks. One is off the anchor in the cloud. Did you try to eliminate noise? Stacking pictures to produce one good one helps with low light shots. Nice place and Good eye.

Unfortunately lightroom 5 doesn’t allow any hdr merging.

I did notice noise also. This is a different edit with some noise elimination. Let me know what you think buddy.

7714A89C-40E7-4537-92D6-D67594949F84.jpeg

That's nice, low light is difficult for the drone cameras, now if we could just get a pro dslr on them!
That said this shot looks really nice. Your always going to get a bit of noise in low light, even with high quality dslr's. That's why they created photoshop.

That's nice, low light is difficult for the drone cameras, now if we could just get a pro dslr on them!
That said this shot looks really nice. Your always going to get a bit of noise in low light, even with high quality dslr's. That's why they created photoshop.
Mike is right on. Try the same shot with a dslr on a tripod.

Some times....you can do this....i used my Canon SX-20 Digital to capture this Beautiful sunset yesterday evening at a great park to fly at
Parkville Park Sunset (small).jpg
!

Unfortunately lightroom 5 doesn’t allow any hdr merging.

I did notice noise also. This is a different edit with some noise elimination. Let me know what you think buddy.

View attachment 94456
Dazzz May i lift your picture and do a few tricks in my photo shop and up load it again so you can view what ideas i had .i will wait your answer and Yes its ok If you dont want me too..just message me and let me know Thanks Cheers ))))))

Dazzz May i lift your picture and do a few tricks in my photo shop and up load it again so you can view what ideas i had .i will wait your answer and Yes its ok If you dont want me too..just message me and let me know Thanks Cheers ))))))

Yeah sure thing Bro.

I can email you a the original if you like.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Some more Photo shop tweaks and hope that you like it....I did my best not to cover your name with the soft edge...I added the planets and lights on the equipment and barn and .brought out the more golden tones and lightened the foreground up so the benches show better...."hope no body stumbles of that anchor at night " ! (I use a old Microsoft Photo shop)
WATERS EDGE.jpg

It’s a fairly good attempt! The anchor is soft at the top. When taking photos in low light it’s best to stack if you can but with a drone that’s sometimes not possible. If you at least stack two photos where you’ve exposed for the bright parts (sky etc) then exposure for the dark parts (shadows etc) and merge them then it’s easier to get a balanced shot. Having dark shadows and then lightening them in post causes noise to be much more noticeable.

One program you should get which is free and adds into LR is the Nik Collection. It was bought over by Google who made it free and is very heavily used within the photography industry.

Well Gee.......for us hobbyist drone camera picture takers.....we are not looking for professional results...I think its best not to pick it to tiny pieces..after all thats a great attempt and he did a great job lets not confuse him or any body else !...even with photo shopping too ! Drone Onnnnnnnnnnnn !

> how to improve in terms of camera settings, tips etc please

general tip: with 1" sensor (P4P+), try always shooting either f4 or f4.5 = optimum image quality, AFAIK;
(that's the full frame equivalent of f8)

> how to improve in terms of camera settings, tips etc please

general tip: with 1" sensor (P4P+), try always shooting either f4 or f4.5 = optimum image quality, AFAIK;
(that's the full frame equivalent of f8)

Huh? That makes no sense. The Aperture is the aperture regardless of frame size. The only differences between crop sensor and full frame sensors are the magnification. Typically a cropped sensor has a magnification of around 1.5x a full frame camera.

Reactions: telfish
So this morning i had a great idea of getting up for the 1st time to try and film some video at the golden hour..

Unfortunately it was 35mph winds and the phantom was at a 45 degree angle lol, i managed to get a quick few snaps but want some peoples advice / opinions on these edits and what or how to improve in terms of camera settings, tips etc please... Im trying to really step up my game this year..

So this was shot with no ND filter, in D-Cinelike, at 1/40 so lightroom tells me...

here is the original.. followed by my lightroom edit. Thanks

Daz

View attachment 94448 View attachment 94449
Beautiful pictures. In my point of view you are the one that should pass to us your technique.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic