California fire authorities arrest hobby drone operator for interfering with Placer County firefight

In addition to any jail time and/or fine, he may be liable for the cost of the grounded aircraft and any additional damage that was caused due to the delay. Easily six figures or more.

Geez. I don't know what the fine or penalty is for this, but it needs to be hefty enough to discourage this practice. Plus, the downside is all the public sees in these instances is 'bad drones' and not the positive side of the hobby. One step forward, two steps back.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, but my brief research on the penalty says this:
"...punishable by a maximum of 6 months in jail and/or a fine of $1000."

This is the guy: Facebook

This is him shooting from his hot tub, lol:

cvbTRM3.jpg

FORESTHILL (CBS13) – For the first time, Cal Fire law enforcement officers have arrested a man accused of interfering with firefighting operations with a drone.

Eric Wamser, 57, of Foresthill was arrested Friday for allegedly flying his unmanned hobby aircraft over the Trailhead Fire. The incident reportedly forced firefighters to ground aircraft rather than risk a collision, according to a statement from Cal Fire spokesperson Daniel Berlant.

Information on social media led investigators to Wamser who was booked into the Placer County Jail on the charge of interfering with firefighting operations.
Cal Fire Arrests Drone Pilot For Flying Near Trailhead Fire

That doesn't look like the guy that got busted. Just some gun nut.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl