California By Drone [4K]

Nice work! Were you controlling the drone during shots around SF? Or was it autonomous? Just wondering where you were controlling it from. I've been wanting to shoot in SF since I live in the Bay Area. Just afraid to cause a ruckus since I'm sure it's off limits. If I was to do it, I would be on top of a parking garage close to Pier 39 and use a Litchi waypoint mission. Get in and get out quick, just in case.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice work! Were you controlling the drone during shots around SF? Or was it autonomous? Just wondering where you were controlling it from. I've been wanting to shoot in SF since I live in the Bay Area. Just afraid to cause a ruckus since I'm sure it's off limits. If I was to do it, I would be on top of a parking garage close to Pier 39 and use a Litchi waypoint mission. Get in and get out quick, just in case.

Thanks! I was controlling the phantom while taking the shots and was outside walking around while flying. I was actually asked to leave at the Pier, and while I thought that I was ok as long as I was in between 300 and 400 feet (and of course not in range of an airport), I did not bother to argue and agreed to leave.

Ok thanks. Looks that I will stick with my plan flying it from the top of a parking garage. Less people to deal with.

Ok thanks. Looks that I will stick with my plan flying it from the top of a parking garage. Less people to deal with.

sounds like a good idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj