Calibration

Reaction score
So with the new wording in the User manual for the P3A,it only says to calibrate the compass if the app tells you,anybody else have any recommendations on this since forever a lot of folks were calibrating before each flight?

if you go 50 miles from where you fly then due it

if you go 50 miles from where you fly then due it
Do it before the sweet morning dew and don't forget, the utility bills are due...

Once you "do" a proper IMU, gimbal and compass. It won't need another Recalibration, uness you move beyond 200 miles from your previous compass calibration location.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Seeid love to go out front here where i live(residentail street)So worried about this puppy flying off or going out of control,i got a good calibration last weekend at an open field in jersey,im thinking i should be ok.

Seeid love to go out front here where i live(residentail street)So worried about this puppy flying off or going out of control,i got a good calibration last weekend at an open field in jersey,im thinking i should be ok.
I always buzz my neighborhood only problem everyone wants to talk about it when your flying

Yes, you're good to go. One thing many of us often do, for part of the preflight check, is to take notice of the numbers in the app.

Keeping it near and around 1500 will be fine.
Or if you happen to get a compass error message.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: deltamike
Yes, you're good to go. One thing many of us often do, for part of the preflight check, is to take notice of the numbers in the app.

Keeping it near and around 1500 will be fine.
Of if you happen to get a compass error message.

RedHotPoker
Yea i read 1400 to 1600 is good but the 15's are the best.Thanks for the info

I moved over 300 miles without calibrating the compass and no issue. I've read from other people way more than that. I would only do it after FW upgrade or when the app tells me. I would calibrate compass, gimbal and IMU.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: cactus683
At least your neighbors sound friendly lol,i dont think they will like it around here.
only ever had 1 problem some crazy lady said don't fly over her house but wouldn't tell me where she lives so oh well

only ever had 1 problem some crazy lady said don't fly over her house but wouldn't tell me where she lives so oh well
I figured id just buzz over the street its not a busy street but you know people,before i know it nypd will be at my door

I moved over 300 miles without calibrating the compass and no issue. I've read from other people way more than that. I would only do it after FW upgrade or when the app tells me. I would calibrate compass, gimbal and IMU.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
And the app can tell you to calibrate but it may be only magnetic interference and you only need to move your take off point a little.

Reactions: cactus683
This thread has the best advice on when to calibrate the compass.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj