Calibration issue

Reaction score
Hi

Just got my p2v out to fly after not flying it in months (last spring I think).. Though my mobile devices have the latest version of the dji app my p2v still has the older firmware and other software from earlier in the year (which I'd prefer to keep as some of the new features with the newer firmware/software aren't appealing..)- that said, on trying calibrate I notice the latest dji app version has a calibration guide which suggests only turning the quad on two axes through 360 degrees to calibrate - from memory from when I first got the p2v I could swear the instructions originally required turning through 360 degrees on all 3 axes..any way after turning on the horizontal axis through 360 degrees the yellow turns green, but after turning through 360 degrees in the vertical nose down orientation the LEDs start flickering in red, indicating a failed calibration....I've tried several times but cannot get it to get a successful calibration indication after turning in the vertical orientation...is this something to do with not updating to the latest firmware or software or something else?

Any feedback on resolving this would be greatly appreciated- I've been waiting months to get my rotorpixel gimbal and now Ive finally got it I cant even fly the stock p2v to test fly it before adding the gimbal till this calibration issue is solved..

Thank you in advance!

Perhaps being unused for a while you'll need do the rather odd degaussing thing with a magnet, to mess it up completely then start over.
However it does often seem to work in a different location later.
I've never seen any instruction to turn it in three axis.
There are only two stages to the accompanying light show to tell you it has completed each part?

thanks all- ..one thing I can add and didn't mention is about a week ago was when I first tried flying it, but didn't realize the s1 switch was in manual mode, yet I was trying to take off thinking it was in gps mode and as a result mishandled it, resulting in a somewhat hard landing from a few inches above concrete (though nothing visible to the eye was cracked or broken as a result)...afterwards (I now forget the exact wording) but there was a temporary error message showing in the dji mobile device app something like 'battery error' with a 'sd card' icon in the background which wouldn't go away until I blew on the battery contacts (I read somewhere this message comes up when the battery contacts need cleaning, though seemingly unrelated to the hard landing) afterwhich miraculously the error message stopped and could then access the camera functions through the app again (which I couldn't do whilst the error message showed), but didn't attempt to fly the p2v again that day till now and wonder if the compass somehow got damaged in that somewhat hard landing..the cable running to the compass is still seated fully and the compass itself is still in the same position as it was as far as I can tell- see attached picture- your opinions would be appreciated. the legs don't appear to be buckled or twisted either (which would throw the compass off its perpendicular plane).

Attachments

• 20141021_115646.jpg
    20141021_115646.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 20141021_115731.jpg
    20141021_115731.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 20141021_115901.jpg
    20141021_115901.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 349

Recent Posts

Members online