Calibration down under

Reaction score
I recently took a trip to Sydney Australia and did take the P3A. Before flying it I tried the compass calibration but always came out with the same results. Normally I think the value should be above 1400 but here it was 0. Is that normal on the other side of the world? I figured it was so I flew anyway. Flawless flight.

Attachments

• IMG_3711.PNG
    IMG_3711.PNG
    848.7 KB · Views: 301
NEVERMIND... I already see my error.. I was looking at the Gyrocompass not the Compass Mod. I had meant to post this a while a go and never looked at the screenshot again until after posting.

I was very nervous flying in Sydney because I wasn't sure what the laws were at the time so I just wasn't thinking correctly.

For anyone visiting Australia,most hobby shops are carrying these brochures about the rules these days.They cover the most important points you need to be aware of.
https://www.casa.gov.au/sites/g/files/net351/f/_assets/main/lib100071/flying_with_control_model.pdf
https://www.casa.gov.au/sites/g/files/net351/f/_assets/main/lib100071/rpa_brochure_fire_fighting.pdf
I had found the same documentation but apparently it didn't cover any specifics. Like the bay area by the Opera house. I was told it was illegal to fly there but the CASA documentation didn't really specify that at all.

I don't beleive that is a CASA rule.Not specificly anyway.
The harbour should be considdered an airfeild though as there are sea planes using it and there are helipads in the vecinity.
Appart from the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge I have only heard of one other stucture that a flight near by will garner a security response in this country and that is Parliment House in Canberra.
Oh and probably Pine Gap in the NT.
At least we can fly in national parks here,so there's plenty of stuff to get good photos and video of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20