calibration compass then restart

Reaction score
Ok this is how I do it. According to the walkera 350 pro ( yea yea sorry) after u calibration compass u have to unplug and restart your device. I do the same for my phantom 1 and my storm 6 drone am I doing the right thing after calibration compass then restart ? Just a general questions peeps thx

The phatom/ walkera/ storm drone 6. Power supply the battery then I'll plugly it back in wait till I get a home lock position after that I'll let it idle about 30sec then take off

This is my habit, I calibrate the compass on the first battery of three. On the first battery, I hold the Phantom just below eye level, turn it on, get course and home lock, then calibrate compass, turn off the Phantom, power on camera, start recording, hold Phantom up again, power on, get course and home, set Phantom down and fly. On the second and third batteries, turn on camera and start recoding, holding Phantom in the air again, power it up, get course and home, set it down and fly.

I usually fly at three different construction sites and use a spotter at two. The spotter holds the transmitter at those two sites and flips the switch for me for compass calibration and hands me the transmitter to me after I set the Phantom down.

I have been advised not to hold the Phantom during power up and during course and home lock. I'm not recommending it. The process detailed above works for me. Developing a "habit" or repeatable, successful sequence is what's important. In the field, turning the Phantom off immediately after compass calibration is not required.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj