Calibrating P3S and using Litchi App

Reaction score
I just got the Litchi app and plan to use it tomorrow for the first time. I read a post earlier today that mentioned they use the GO app first to calibrate, then turn it off and turn on the Litchi to fly. Is this really needed? I was planning on just using Litchi. Is the GO app needed before taking off?
Thanks,
Wendy

I wouldn't take any chances. Just calibrate with Dji go first, then close it. It only takes a minute.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: 66Fury
Also be careful with the auto land/ return to home. I like to control the landing, so flick the right switch up when you get close to control it. I crashed using litchi for the first time, because I had no control over the landing.

Reactions: 66Fury
You can calibrate the compass in Litchi if you are using an android device.

I always start with the DJI Go App. Make sure to force close the DJI app through the application manager before switching to Litchi and vise versa.
I always set my finish action to " Do nothing " in Litchi. Once I'm at my last waypoint, I then toggle to p mode and land myself. I always use auto take off with no problem.

Got everything ready to go this morning...fully charged battery, calibrated compass using the GO app, forced closed the app and switch to Litchi. Everything looked good but the P3S wouldn't power up. I did notice there was a firmware update available on the GO app which I didn't do at that moment. Could this be why the P3S wouldn't start? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Also be careful with the auto land/ return to home. I like to control the landing, so flick the right switch up when you get close to control it. I crashed using litchi for the first time, because I had no control over the landing.

How is this even possible? DJI go home is the same as Litchi go home is the same as ultimate flight go home. And with all of those, you DO have control as it is landing to get it out of the way of obstacles. How can you crash using automatic landing but have no issues manually landing?

Reactions: gvsukids
Got everything ready to go this morning...fully charged battery, calibrated compass using the GO app, forced closed the app and switch to Litchi. Everything looked good but the P3S wouldn't power up. I did notice there was a firmware update available on the GO app which I didn't do at that moment. Could this be why the P3S wouldn't start? Thanks for any help you can provide.
What FW are you on now? No, just because you did not update, the aircraft still powers up.

I have a feeling I did something wrong when I tried to update the firmware because now when I turn on the P3S...it just keeps beeping with no flashing lights and it failed the firmware update. Sent the info to DJI and they are suppose to get back to me. My bad I'm sure. I hope I didn't screw something up. Thanks for trying to help a stupid newbie.

Not sure if related but i had problem updating yesterday. Everything looked good but i got a failed message. IT DOWNLOADED TO TABLET OK.
I tried several times by restarting aircraft tablet and r/c and the aircraft started an annoying loud beeping. I put it outside,and a neighbor thought it was a smoke detector. It kept stalling at 48%....i may have NOT had the GO app indicating P3Standard....I ended up putting the aircraft in bed of my pickup with tonneau cover. Muted beeping a little and let the update just take its time.
It worked but getting past that 48% took very long time.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I was able to get the bin file on a SD card and will try to download directly to the bird tomorrow. I'm still concerned about having no lights flashing when I turn on the transmitter. The RC is linked, the camera is working because I'm getting a camera shot on the app and the camera itself has a solid green light, also a solid green light on the body of the transmitter...but no flashing lights on the arms....and of course it's beeping like an obnoxious alarm clock. I'm concerned about letting it beep for a long time. I don't want to burn something up. But letting it beep seems to be what others are doing...so I guess it's ok.

I saw so many people asking about compass calibration and RTH using litchi. And they seem to do it only on DJI.Go apps. . .

Is there somebody doing this compass calibration or smart RTH independently regardless any apps currently using??

I am talking about :
RTH : switch S2 back and forth 2 times rapidly.
Compass calibration : switch S1 back and forth 3 times rapidly.

I have done this many times with or without dji.go apps running and it works perfectly. I don't know wether it is can be done when litchi is running, because i don't have litchi yet. . .

Sent from my SCL23 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, you can calibrate the compass using Litchi.

Reactions: sinxa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl