Calibrate tx after Reibinding?

Reaction score
Does one need to calibrate the tx after binding? Particularly with a new or different aircraft.
thinking of using a tx with dbs installed for two different Standards.
Thanks

If the RC and AC are same as previous - then no.

But if you bind a New RC to an AC - then yes.

I also do occasionally check calibrate RC sticks ... bit like every so often I recalibrate my Sim to Tx on PC ...

Usually I do not recalibrate sticks after FW - but because 1.09.20 reverted various to factory default in settings - I reset to my parameters and then did a total calibration of all systems. In my view after seeing factory revert - better safe than sorry ! And lets be honest ... only takes a minute or so..

Nigel

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
But if you bind a New RC to an AC - then yes.
Why would this be necessary since the calibration is stored on the remote controller?

Its habit that I consider safe.

It is normal for Transmitters (controllers as you guys like to call them because of their duality ) ... to calibrate to onboard gear ... throttle to ESC's etc.

So yes - it most likely is not necessary - but I would still do it.

What amazes me is the number of people who are contrary what would usually be termed a 'safe bet' ....

Let me ask you ... if you get a new RC - are you saying that you would never calibrate sticks ?

I agree that OP is talking about using one controller for two AC's ... slightly different situation - but why not ?

Nigel

Let me ask you ... if you get a new RC - are you saying that you would never calibrate sticks ?
The sticks usually don't need to be calibrated right out of the box, but it's certainly an okay thing to do. Like the other calibrations, doing it when not needed won't hurt anything if it's done properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic