calibrate IMU after update FW

No, but most do just for peace of mind.
thanks Robin, have to wait till tomorrow morning when it's a bit cooler, (that's a joke) dam cold here, ok for you in the sunshine:cool:

did you read about my problem earlier on, I had a message on the screen,FW update required for AC/battery and controller, (from 1.8.80 to the latest one) I couldn't find out how to ignore it so couldn't fly, do you know how to ignore FW needed?
ray

do I need to re calibrate the imu on my p3p after a FW
DJI employees often recommend this be done. I'm assuming they know something I don't, so I always do it.

I do as well

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

do I need to re calibrate the imu on my p3p after a FW

I have had my p3p for a year, I have always updated the fw when it comes out, have never had any issues at all.
I have calibrated compass twice and done a cold imu calibration once when I got it last year. My last compass calibration was also done around the same time. Have traveled over a thousand mile from a mountainous region where compass cal was done to the beach without any compass calibration. I am one of those people who believe constant compass calibration is, a waste of time and actually more harmful! Just an opinion!

The idea of not recalibrating the IMU, gimbal and your compass after a firmware update, seems absurd to this drone Pilot... Hahaha but for some here, YMMV. ;-)

RedHotPoker

The idea of not recalibrating the IMU, gimbal and your compass after a firmware update, seems absurd to this drone Pilot... Hahaha but for some here, YMMV. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I'm sure this isn't the first or last absurd thing you have or will hear here!!!

For example: To do a compass cal every flight seems absurd to me
Or landing at %25 battery because if you go less it's bad for the battery!

All I can say is that it has worked for me so far, after a year and 500plus flights etc etc! And yes I mostly land with %10 or less battery and all my batteries have good life after one year and still yield good flight time

Have fun red

Very good. ;-) eh, there is a new thought, about deep cycling the Phantom 3 batteries, best done after every ten full charges. Yup, instead of the twenty full charges, which is what we were lead to believe, for the last year. So just a heads up, or a cycle down. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Zuzua
Very good. ;-) eh, there is a new thought, about deep cycling the Phantom 3 batteries, best done after every ten full charges. Yup, instead of the twenty full charges, which is what we were lead to believe, for the last year. So just a heads up, or a cycle down. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

So I've been deep cycling them every time I fly then!!

I don't know how you could land a healthy Phantom 3, at or below 10% voltage in the lowest cell. As mine would have auto landed already. And perhaps even shut itself off.

Not sure if your batteries are going to have a long healthy life style or if they will perhaps prematurely fizzle out, mid air, without any warning. ;-)

RedHotPoker

P3 does start to auto land at%10 but I still have control over it till I land it. One year and about 90 recharges later each, they are still going strong. I would say by the time they have reached their end, I would have got my money's worth out of them or moved on to the next p5. As far as premature failure in the air, I check my stuff rigorously after and before each flight. There would be tell tale signs of bad lipos, and there will always be the risk of anything going bad in flight, I will do my best to minimize that but am not going to worry non stop as to "what if"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj