Calibrate GPS?

Ots

Reaction score
I didn't have this problem with my Phantom. But now I'm setting up a Naza-M on an F550 and the assistant is telling me that I have to calibrate the GPS.

I understand calibrating the compass and the IMU but I seem to be missing something when it comes to calibrating the GPS. How does one go about it? It's probably something obvious but I'm not seeing it.

Any thoughts?

I asked this same question and nobody came back at me :D

I had the same message on the Nazza assistant and figured it meant "No GPS Lock" or something obvious because you don't "calibrate" a GPS Receiver, you merely allow it to lock onto satellites.
I think ordinarily the Nazza would disregard the lack of GPS lock but maybe not. In anycase, I took it outside and allowed the GPS to lock up and she flies perfectly well.

Asher9165 said:
Some people have issues with GPS accuracy, such as showing your location 1000 feet or further away from your actual location, and this can be resolved by following these steps.

1. Download GPS Status from the market (it's free).

2. Make sure your GPS is turned on and open GPS Status.

3. Go to a location where you don't have magnetic devices around you (like electronics of any sort), such as outside (ideal) or room with minimal electronics nearby.

4. Hold your phone in your hand flat. Spin it around 3 times. After that, hold your phone on it's side, spin it around 3 times again. Finally, put your phone right side up (end on end) and spin it 3 more times. You can also do figure 8's, but the spins worked for me.

5. Go to Google Maps and see if your location is closer.

OK really, what on EARTH are you talking about ?

I think he's thinking of not having accurate GPS on his phone.

Anyway, it appears the assistant's request to calibrate the GPS was Chin-English for calibrating the compass. There were certain radio settings that had to be made (JR9303) and then the compass could be calibrated and all is fine. The only bit I'll add is that the F550 Flame Wheel hexa-copter can't realistically use a 3 cell. A 4 cell was required. And, yes, I know this is a Phantom forum!

Thanks!

It supposes to be the compass calibration, no GPS calibration.

In the non-Phantom application, NAZA GPS can be adjusted to compensate for the magnetic declination as seen below:
Don't forget to properly set the X,Y and Z values for the GPS installation location first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6oDVQwUPwU

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4