Caibration 1 axis only.

Reaction score
I can only get one axis to calibrate. I can get one to go green and the other will go yellow. My calibration figures are will within the normal range and I've downloaded all the recent updates. My phantom 2 drifts and is no fun to fly.

Try doing an advanced IMU calibration and make sure compass #s are between 1300 - 1800

EMCSQUAR said:
...and make sure compass #s are between 1300 - 1800
I am just curious, where do you get this kind of detail?

SteveMann said:
EMCSQUAR said:
...and make sure compass #s are between 1300 - 1800
I am just curious, where do you get this kind of detail?
In the assistant program under "tools."

Just for giggles try the following in order and as instructed. Get a cutting block or large book. Download bubble level app for phone. Shim the surface level. (An absolute level place to place your Phantom)

Plug in phantom (props off) and start the phantom assistant software up. Finally power phantom up and quickly get to and start "Full" advanced IMU calibration.

When done power down Phantom.

Next go to open grass field. Power up RC and Phantom. Put your RC contoller, phone, keys, all metal items that be ferrous down at least 15 feet away from Phantom.

Initiate Compass calibration. Pick up phantom taking care to keep it level raise it over head. Turn counter clock wise about 380 degrees until you see change in LEDs. Then keep it over head pointing the nose straight down (red arm bands down) and spin counter clockwise 380 degrees until change in LEDs.

I know you'll look like a crazy person. But I have found this way is better for me instead of holding it in front and spinning.

Set Phantom down and power cycle, to let IMU initialize and C/L and Home Location to be set.

I apologize for wasting your time reading this, if you have done this already...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues