Cached maps not showing offline

Reaction score
Ive read the searches on this & still don't get it. I used to cache my maps by downloading the offline area on google maps, then when I went out flying to those areas the maps would show offline.

Over the last couple of weeks this isn't happening, I cache the map offline & it shows in google maps, however when I launch the dji app the maps are blank. I have watched the video that comes up in the searches of this forum but still don't get it. I'm probably missing something obvious, but why did they work & now they don't?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Do you have Android or iOS? Caching maps using Google Maps app only works in Android. On iOS, you need to go into Go app and cache it from there. Make sure to enable "Cache map in the background".

Do you have Android or iOS? Caching maps using Google Maps app only works in Android. On iOS, you need to go into Go app and cache it from there. Make sure to enable "Cache map in the background".

I have android, using a K1 tablet. Where do I find the Cache map in background setting?

I have android, using a K1 tablet. Where do I find the Cache map in background setting?
Here it is.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455830290.164318.jpg

Very strange I don't have that option, I have

Calibrate Map Coordinates( For China Mainland)
Enable Amap (for china mainland)
Show flight route

That option is available in iOS DJI Go map. Your Android version of the app might not have it. Have you tried to go into DJI Go app and cache it from there?

Yes Ive tried that, it seems I can cache the map of where I am now, but not where I want to visit to go flying when I try to cache in the dji app. A couple of mile max from my location & the map is blank even when connected to home wifi

Hi Glyn,

If you enable your wi-fi on the K1 and go into Google Maps can you see the maps then?

I know this is an old thread but did you ever fix the problem?

Pete

If you are flying your Phantom / Inspire with an Android device our offline 3D maps should makes this much easier.

It works exactly like creating offline areas in Google Maps, except you get 3D map data (most parts of the US).

full

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj