Cables and Update required?

Reaction score
I’ve recently rebuilt a p2v+ but I’ve decided to go with a fixed mount and GoPro setup.
My 1st question is do I require the cables that connect to the gimbal?
2nd question, do I/should I require an update to the controller and drone? I don’t think it’s been used for a while and I haven’t flown it yet I case I crash it!!

You should not need the wiring, unless you are wanting to power the go pro from the craft!

Update is not required, as I still run 3.06 & 3.08 on most of my drones! Which is before geofencing and NFZ's ( 3.08 has NFZ's )

But you should do the following before flight,

RC ASSISTANT
( re-calibrate your TX ( BOTH sticks, BOTH toggles, and dial wheel )
This will take your Tx back to factory fresh

PC ASSISTANT
Recalibrate TX here AGAIN ( under BASIC/RC TAB ) BOTH sticks, s2 toggle, and dial wheel
( this will calibrate TX to the bird )
Then
Under ADVANVED tab
Do an advanced IMU calibration
And if I were you I'd bump up my GAINS a bit to compensate EXTRA WEIGHT! ( but up to you )

And lastly a fresh compass calibration

This will bring the craft and Tx back to factory default fresh! And should fly like a dream!
Balance those props and let's see some videos!

Hope this helps, and good luck!
J Dot
:cool:

( ps : to lighten the craft, you can remove all camera wires, small RF board and cable, and the wifi module, and 2 internal antennas ( wifi antennas ) as none of it is needed, might balance out the go pro weight, and keep things tidy inside!
Take care

No idea why this hasn’t shown up on my phone before now, I’m not being rude!!
Awesome stuff, I’ll get the laptop out later and have a go, let’s see if I’ve re-built her properly!!

Reactions: J Dot
No problem,
I was only pulling your leg!
All is good, and definately let us know how you did?

J Dot
:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20