Reaction score
Just came back sad From a flight
I lost my p3a
Crashed from unknown reason probably to low height
From the last video it's on one of the trees
I can see the gps location but cannot see it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: m0j0
Keep looking. You'll find it. How did it hit the trees? Were you not looking at the screen; flying backwards? Maybe a second phantom could help to locate it?

If it's still up in the trees, there's a chance you can get it back without any damage except for the props, probably. The camera and gimbal are probably intact. But you have to try!

Sorry to hear that. if you have a general idea where it is at and it is land then I certainly would exhaust all options looking for it. You will probably find it.

I would continue to search the area you last saw it in. It is there waiting for you. Good luck in your search.
I use a GPS tracker on mine for instances like this.

Just came back sad From a flight
I lost my p3a
Crashed from unknown reason probably to low height
From the last video it's on one of the trees
I can see the gps location but cannot see it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tough break alright but sounds like you have given up - if you have a GPS fix in the trees - go grab some binoculars and start scanning - bright white object in the trees can't be difficult to spot! Make it your present mission and get out there - if it's in the trees, it can be found! Post a vid of the flight if you have it.

Were you using the RTH function by any chance and didn't have the altitude set high enough to clear the trees? If so, use that height and below as a starting point! Post some info you know of prior to "crash" (lost control or connection from rc or whatever). Good luck in your search!

Don't give up. My P2V+ spent over two months in a soybean field this past summer before the farmer found it. I replaced the shell, one motor and a couple of props, and it works as well as it did before the crash.

Reactions: Tdeath and Lyman
I thought I heard on the forum here somewhere that you can retrieve a choppy video file from your controller. Maybe ask around to see if anybody knows about that maybe you could watch the video back to give you an idea of where it landed and what it hit

Tnx Friends for replying
I have saved the crash location
I didn't gave up... It just getting dark...
We will continue tomorrow morning
Thanks guys
Moshe

Where are you at? Someone with another drone can go give you a view from above, heck I'd be willing to rig up some sort of line and hook and try to snag it for you if your close to me....

Where are you at? Someone with another drone can go give you a view from above, heck I'd be willing to rig up some sort of line and hook and try to snag it for you if your close to me....
Better have some sort of emergency release or there could end up being two P3's in a tree! :)

Better have some sort of emergency release or there could end up being two P3's in a tree! :)

Yeah I was thinking about that, some sort of servo release, I know someone built a system to drop things would have to do something similar so you could release the line in case you could not pull it free... I think I might have stumbled on a niche market, Drone tow truck!........ ACME Drone Tow service......

Yeah I was thinking about that, some sort of servo release, I know someone built a system to drop things would have to do something similar so you could release the line in case you could not pull it free... I think I might have stumbled on a niche market, Drone tow truck!........ ACME Drone Tow service......

LOL - a niche service indeed!

Doubtful however, the Phantom could ever lift it's own weight with the battery installed even if you did manage to hook on to it!. Get out there and buy a bigger drone that can do the job and you're in business - lol!

Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
I had a drone about 100' up, hanging on a limb, I revved it up and down a few times and watched it lift up and down until it swung itself off and then it dropped thru the branches to the ground. It had part of the branch stuck in one of the props, otherwise it would have flown off... like before... lol. I pulled out the branch and it worked fine. I could barely see it at first but the rocking made it easy to see.

Reactions: shorttimer
I'm sorry but that is hilarious.

I had a drone about 100' up, hanging on a limb, I revved it up and down a few times and watched it lift up and down until it swung itself off and then it dropped thru the branches to the ground. It had part of the branch stuck in one of the props, otherwise it would have flown off... like before... lol. I pulled out the branch and it worked fine. I could barely see it at first but the rocking made it easy to see.

Reactions: Reed L
If you have a flight log on control you could upload to healthydrones and the get gps co-ordinates from where the log ends.

Reactions: Les Hall and Lyman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie