Buying used P4 - what to check?

Reaction score
Hello,

I just sold my venerable P2 and am looking at buying a P4. Found one on Craigslist not too far from me. The seller says he just bought a P4P, has several P4s and didn't put more than a few flights on this one.

He is willing to fly it for me and show flight records in DJI account.

What should I be looking for and checking prior to the transaction?
- flight time and battery cycle?
- S/N and matching invoice?

Any red flags I should be paying attention to?

Thank you for the help,
Remy

I have answered such questions in multiple different posts.

You know that gimbal / camera is the most sensitive part of the entire unit so it's functionality is very important.

Check the following at least:

1. It flies and hovers steadily
2. The quality of video is satisfactory with no horizontal tilt and soft focus on corners and center.
3. Check for external damages/ cracks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

And also check the controller too, it may be a long shot but they could be an SD card issue so see if there is a way to record. It should tell you on the screen anyway but always worth checking

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

And also check the controller too, it may be a long shot but they could be an SD card issue so see if there is a way to record. It should tell you on the screen anyway but always worth checking

Thank you. Do you mean pulling the SD card out to make sure video/pics were recorded? What would you check on the controller?

That's right... Just make sure the sd card can be recorded on. For the controller I mean make sure all the stick inputs you control the drone work. It may go up and down and left and right but does the yaw work? Does the stick get stuck? Does the camera go up and down when you use the wheel? Little things like that really

That's right... Just make sure the sd card can be recorded on. For the controller I mean make sure all the stick inputs you control the drone work. It may go up and down and left and right but does the yaw work? Does the stick get stuck? Does the camera go up and down when you use the wheel? Little things like that really

Makes sense, thank you for the input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik